Friday, January 25, 2013

1-25-12

7:17am


It just started snowing.  They are saying it will
snow during daylight hours til about 5pm
and to expect 1-4 inches depending upon where you live.


7:45am


The price of meat is only going to go up and up
this year due to last year's drought.
Not that I don't already try to stretch things to their limit
but I was trying to find even more ways to stretch meat
when making meals.
 You can add these items to ground meat to make it go further.  Add 1/2 to 1 cup filler ingredients found below to each pound of meat and add 1-2 eggs which acts as a binder
to hold it altogether and will make the meat moist.

-Oatmeal
-Mashed potatoes
-Bread/bread crumbs
-Crackers
-Cereal like ground cornflakes
-Vegetables
-Rice, brown or white
-Lentils
-Beans
-Box of stuffing or croutons


8:50am


I have meatballs going in the crock this morning
for a couple of meals.
They can be frozen.


1 pound deer burger (free)
1 cup oatmeal (free)
1 egg (.15 cents)
1 packet onion soup mix (.33 cents)
1/4 cup dry salsa mix (.25 cents)
1 can spaghetti sauce (.49 cents)
splenda to sweeten spaghetti sauce (.10 cents)

Mix spaghetti sauce, salsa mix & splenda
in the crock pot.
Mix together everything else 
by hand or use a food processor like I did.
Scoop tablespoons of meat and roll into balls
and place into crock pot.
Set on low for about 6-8 hours.
This made 40 meatballs.
TOTAL COST TO MAKE $1.32!

I plan to use meatballs for spaghetti
and to make meatball sliders. 

I have to use up the things I made already in
the crocks the other day first.
Tonight for supper we are having tacos.
Saturday's supper will be deer roast,
potatoes and gravy and carrots. 


9:05am


It must be getting really slippery outside.
I'm watching the security cameras
and the cars are moving very slowly
so be careful out there!
Streets and ground are covered with snow.
The township plow is already on the streets.
They are fast!
If you waited for Columbus plows to clear side
streets you could be waiting for many days!




9:17am


Just called hubby at work to get an update
on the snow over there.
Guess what he's doing, plowing.
Maybe I need to get outside to take a better look
because it didn't look like that much snow
to me.  But the township and hubby are plowing
so there must be more than I can see out the window. 


12:15pm


All Columbus middle and high schools
will be getting out at 1:30pm today because of snow.



Mom just called to tell me this a little after noon.
I was sleeping soooo good too wrapped up with
my heating pad.  Still trying to wake up. 

Hubby's still plowing at work when I called
him again.  He's telling me that he thinks
the alternator is going out on the company truck
because the voltage gauge is going nuts.
The battery has been tested and is fine.
They do have a newer truck which I told
him to make sure that the spreader on it is if full of
salt and to get help from the other guys
with doing it before he comes home tonight.
He may have to use that this weekend instead.
Me and him loaded the spreader one weekend
and about killed ourselves doing so. 

And to think after seeing single and below digit
temperatures this week and all this snow today
that it is supposed to get up to 56 degrees next Tuesday!


Somewhere there are roads out there, lol.
I've seen two snow plows tag teaming the roadways. 

It seems like everyone has a Level 1 or 2 Snow Emergency
except for Columbus.




 You might be married if...

Hubby's got NASCAR and Jerry Springer recording on
the DVR and it won't allow me to watch anything
else but one of the two shows he's recording.
Hmmm, tough decision! 
Jerry...Jerry...Jerry  Ahhhhh!

You know how couples have numbers for sleep number beds?
Well I have numbers for our tv.
And no I'm not talking about channel numbers
but volume numbers.
Mine is around 12 while his is like 50 something! 


2:00 - 3:15pm


I shoveled all the sidewalks even into the streets,
along the side of the street where the plow missed,
part of the carport area, the driveway and
hubby's parking spot along side the fence.
All I can say is thank God this time for lighter snow!
I know I'm gonna hurt after doing all that
so popped a few acetaminophin.
Shoulders are feeling a little sore.
Now are rubbing my legs to get some
circulation in them because they feel
hot and are itching to avoid frost bite.
It's 23 degrees out which feels like a mini
heat wave compared to the temps we'd been having.
Still cold though.

I think the snow is done for today.
I tried to get it all done before hubby got home.
He's been at work plowing all day.
I didn't think he wanted to come home
to shovel more snow.
Oh by the way his back has feeling a little
better and he has had no more charlie horses in his legs.
If all it takes is a glass of gatorade before bed
to keep them away I'll start buying some from now on.
He's diabetic so I buy the lower sugar kind.
He's also been drinking his cranberry juice and water.

The kids wanted an after school snack and I had nothing planned.

So I took a piece of wheat bread and topped it with
3 meatballs and made a mini meatball sub for each of them
along with a glass of apple juice and 2 vitamins.
I just took my vitamin and now are thinking about
taking a zicam logenze due to being outside
in the cold to get a boost of zinc.


5:39pm


Just called hubby to see what was up.
He's been plowing all day!
The last time we got snow they had two plow trucks
going non stop all day so what's the deal with my hubby being
the only one driving a darn plow truck today?! 
The one maintenance guy returned back to work
today after going to NC the last couple of days
and the assistant supervisor was back from  another property
so they had extra help.  
They finally put the assistant supervisor in the other plow
truck and hubby says, "I have been all over the property and have yet to find him or that plow truck anywhere!"
HMMM!
Found out later on the assistant
 was assisting a chair with his butt hanging out in the office.
Grrr.   They should be called city workers.
Ya know the kind you see along side of the road.
The ones making the least amount of money is 
in a ditch working their butt off while about 10
others are standing around gabbing and pointing fingers
getting paid the big bucks.


Sorry, I gotta have something to bitch about.

Earlier I was watching some tv in the chair with
a heating pad on my back and shoulders
and dozed off.
My body was starting to ache after all that shoveling.
It seemed to help lots. 


7:45pm


Hubby finally made it home.
Woo hoo for overtime and lazy butts at his work.
If it weren't for them the paycheck would be less.
So I have that to be thankful for today :0)

I must be getting old.
Everything pisses me off-fa-fa, lol.
When you get older you get wiser.
So now I'm just a wiseass.




















No comments:

Post a Comment