Saturday, January 5, 2013

1-5-13

8:40am


Still dealing with lots of pain and throbbing
and at times a stomach that feels raw.
I broke down last night and took some ibuprofen
just to get some relief so I could sleep.  I'm not supposed
to be taking ibuprofen.  I'll be sure to pick up
some Kroger brand acetaminophin if we're out today!
Even with 3 Walmart brand Tylenol it does
nothing for me.   

My son's birthday is tomorrow and I need to bake a cake.
Was thinking of either a checkerboard or zebra stripe cake.
I haven't made either one before so it will
be a new experience for me.


9:35am


I got the last of the ham-like turkey thinly sliced
up on the mandoline slicer.  I love my mandoline slicer set
I picked up at a yard sale for $2.  I saw the same
set at Kroger for $50!  
Anyways this will be used in my lasagnas.
I was thinking about splurging and getting
some swiss cheese to put on the lasagna with the ham.
Sounded yummy.

I also made up some more pot pies.
Four of which are in the oven baking.
Who says you have to eat breakfast food for breakfast.
It's warm and is a rib sticker on a cold day like this!
No one here is complaining.


I keep thinking about some hams I saw at Aldi yesterday.
They had spiral brown sugar hams $5 off and
ham butt for $3 off.
It would have cost about $6-$7 for a ham butt with the discount.
When you think about it that's not too bad.
This turkey breast we had lasted an entire week for
most breakfasts, lunches and dinners!
Might just have to stop back over there today and get one or two. 
Something to get us by for the next couple of weeks.


10:05


I am not completely functional today!
Shaky and don't have my normal strength.
Tried combing two bags of cat food
and that didn't go too well.
The cat thought he'd died and gone to Heaven!  LOL.




11:15am


When you are broke coffee is not a 
necessity due to how much it can cost!
While I don't drink coffee hubby drinks about a pot a day.
I'm sure he will appreciate the stash of
all the free coffee samples I have accumulated for him!
He'll be drinking the good stuff now even though
we're watching every penny!
From Starbucks, Folgers, Seattle' Best, Gevalia,
Green Mountain, Keurig, Joe, Tullys and others!
I love sending away for all those free samples.
They really do help out in times likes these.
Check out my stash of free coffee...







2:40pm


Went over to hubby's work to get a drill
and stopped by Kroger to pick up a few things
to make my son's cake like eggs,
got some ice cream and some swiss cheese slices.
Our butcher friend was working today and
pointed out some hams he had marked down.
It was a boneless Cumberland Ham unlike
the ones I saw at Aldis which had a lot of fat
and a bone for the same price.
It was originally $22.21 and marked down to $7.88
for an 8 pound ham.  Less than half price!

Then we stopped by hubby's work.
I drove around looking to see what anyone
may have thrown out after Christmas.
Hauled home a digital dehumidifier.
wooden country shelf,
packages of new windshield wipers,
and some couch cushions and pillow backs.
My "new" couch needs better cushions.
Ones that are on it now are over 20 years have lost the "cush" part.

A friend of mine got a bunch of free heavy drapes
off craigslist and has offered me some.
The guy dropped off a whole
pallet of them in her driveway with over
400 drapes in a large box on it, LOL!
I'll get some for my windows and sewing stash.
Heavy fabric is great to make things from like
rugs, blankets, tablecloths, napkins, pillows, shades,
totes, placemats, recovering furniture, whatever. 


4:20pm


Got three turkey and swiss lasagnas made.
One is in the oven for supper tonight.



 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment