Thursday, January 10, 2013

1-10-13

6:10am


Off to a good start this morning.
Every morning the cat thinks it should wake
me up around 5:20am!  The snooze button isn't
working on him.  I keep telling him give me
15 more minutes but it doesn't work.
Meow meow meow meow!


8:35am


Yesterday I bought an air cleaner with ionizer 
at the thrift store for $3.99.

When cooped up in the house during the colder months
the air gets quite polluted and can cause sickness to go round.

You should change your furnace filters often
to help cut down on dust, dander, mold spores, pollen, nicotine, bacteria and viruses.

Filters for air cleaner can be costly and this
air cleaner came with a dirty one.
Who knows what could be lurking in this
disgusting filter. These type filters have a 99% 
efficiency of removing particles as small as 
0.3 microns from the air.

It's not really made to be washable and was in a
cardboard container.  I carefully removed it from
it's box and sprayed and washed it really good
with some Clorox Cleanup with bleach that says
it kills the flu virus.

I dried it with a hair dryer on hot and high then
carefully put it back in its box and taped the corners.

I also run a large tower Ionic Pro air purifier with washable blades
that's good for 500 square feet of living space,
is very quiet and runs only 12-15 watts.
I found this in awhile ago at the thrift store for $6.96.



 Sickness, doctors and prescriptions can be 
quite costly even with insurance.
I try to do whatever I can to help eliminate
them before they start with things I can
do cheaply as possible around the house
from air purifiers to cleaning with homemade
disinfectant sprays-
-a spray bottle with a cap or two of bleach.
-60 to 80% rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.
-pure white vinegar in a spray bottle.

Spray on surfaces like you would store
bought cleaning sprays.
Before spraying on any furniture or fabrics like
bedding I would suggest spraying an inconspicuous spot first.
 


3:15pm


I took a nap earlier and woke up with a stiff neck.
Can't turn my head to the right, ahhhh!
I hate when this happens.


4:45pm


Hubby's working late again tonight.
He worked over last night also.
For supper tonight I made corned beef hash
with a fried egg with cheese and toast.
Oh and Frank's Red Hot!



8:15pm


Tonight I got a couple full size bottles of
hand sanitizers ($1.00) 
along with a couple of small sized hand sanitizers ($1.39).
The small ones are for the boys to carry in their
pocket while at school so they can use them whenever
like right before lunch.  Many teachers don't allow
them to use the restroom from what I am told
so how is a child supposed to keep their hands
washed is beyond me to prevent sickness that
can spread around schools like wildfire.
I'll refill the small bottles with the larger ones when needed.
Cost wise the larger bottles are cheaper than the smaller ones.
I only got the small ones to refill and so that
they could carry them in their pockets. 
I always keep a bottle in the truck as well.
A pea size drop is about all you need.
Too much will dry your hands out that's why
I got the ones with Aloe in them.


And I have a stock of Zicam on hand for anyone
that says they have a scratchy throat or the sniffles.
You take that at the first signs of a cold.
In my family colds have only lasted 2-3 days
after taking it as directed.   To me that's pretty good
considering we've had them in the past
that could last 7-14 days per person and in that time
it would get passed around to everyone else
and be hard to get rid of among 4 people.
So it was like it would go back and forth between
everyone for a month or two.

Just my two cents for tonight.
Now going to plug in the heating pad and
put it around my neck.  I can't turn my head to the right
due to sleeping wrong.  Hoping to loosen those neck
muscles up with the heat.

 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment