Friday, January 11, 2013

1-11-13

7:38am


59 degrees today,
63 tomorrow & 57 for Sunday.
Then they forecast 2-4 inches of snow Tuesday & Wednesday.
Welcome to Ohio, the perfect time of year to get sick!
No sickies here though.
The boys took their hand sanitizer to school
with them today.  I hope they use it often.

My neck is still stiff as heck.
Can't turn my head to the right and now
have a headache to go with it. 


9:20am


I've got two crock pots going for some sausage noodle soup.
Like chicken noodle only I don't have any chicken
and used some cut up smoked sausage instead.
I divided a carton of chicken broth between
the two crocks, added a can of mixed vegetables, celery,
water, seasonings like garlic, onion powder & basil
and chicken boullion cubes. 
Later on I'll add a bag of cooked pasta noodles
between both crock pots.



Even though it's early I think I'm going to go lay back down.
My head is still throbbing making my stomach queasy.
All from a stupid stiff neck from where I slept on 
it wrong yesterday.  I know it takes about 2-3 days
to get over a stiff neck at least for me it does.


3:00pm


I slept til 1:30pm, about a 3.5 hour nap.
My neck is not playing nice. 
Can't even touch my chin to my chest.
I've been putting my heating pad around my neck.
Might try some of those medicated hot patches next.

I didn't even realize it was even Friday til just now, duh!
Can you believe it's the second week in January
and it's 61 degrees out.  Oh yeah we're going to
pay the price next week where they are calling
for possible snow and bitter single digit to teen temps (sigh).
Kitties are enjoying a little fresh air from some windows
I opened a bit.



4:15pm


Got the noodles boiled up in the broth that was
in the crock pots.  Returned to crock pots and 
now on warm til supper.  Will serve with Kroger brand
Ritz or Cheez-Its.



7:35pm


This evening I wasn't feeling well.
I cuddled up on the couch surrounded by blankets
and pillows watching my DVR'd Medicine Woman.
Hubby felt my head and said it felt warm and put a 
cool cloth on it.  I know it's because of the inflammation
in my neck causing a little fever.  I have no other symptoms.
Been sucking on some zinc logenzes to keep colds away
and have also been giving the kids their vitamins 
and a logenze every now and then to prevent any sickies.
Took a hot shower with the pulsating shower
head hitting the back of my neck and shoulders.
I'm a firm believer in hot baths or showers
when you don't feel good.  It helped lots!
Now to end the evening I have a tray of
chocolate chip cookies going in the oven.
That makes it all better :)
Along with watching another episode of Medicine Woman
that came on at 7pm.
I would love to get this whole series on DVD!
Love that show! 


8:45pm


Well the hot massage shower has wore off.
The cookies didn't make it all better.
Now my stomach is feeling queasy again.
Time to head to bed here soon and watch some gold diggers,
Gold Rush.  
Rest is best I guess for now.
Crohn's, girly problems and a stiff neck.
Having a wonderful time on this end.
Night.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment