Monday, January 21, 2013

1-21-13

7:35am   


Oh yeah I see this being a good week.  (sarcastic)
Really cold weather with a possible snow storm later on.
Hubby is on call this week with the possibility
for water line freeze ups because of the cold
and because residents pay no attention to signs
upon entering the property saying to let your faucets drip
to keep from freezing your water lines and to not turn off
your heat if you are leaving for awhile.

Then there's hot water heaters that could go out
There are many college students there that go home
and visit parents or people that go back to countries
for a bit and decide to save money by turning
off these utilities in the brutal winter months.
Half the property has water tanks outside
in a shed for each building.  Not the brightest idea
the builders had!  Furnaces will have minds of their own
and will quit working.

Owners of the property, aka investors,
invest in cheaper supplies.  With the money they make
I think they should invest wisely in more quality parts
so that their employees don't have to constantly replace them.
But instead they invest tons of money into 
new windows and painting the entire property
because looks are everything to them.

Who buys a property that has no employees to run it
then expects to borrow from other properties
that can't function properly without their own.
Well this company obviously did
about a mile or two from the property where hubby works.
They did find people to run it then those people quit.
Now it's back to borrowing again.
And then expecting our property to be up and running
normally and to have things done on time, yeah right.

They have turn over expectations that seem impossible.
Sure there's your typical move out that could take a couple
days to punch out.  But to get a vacant apartment
that is completely wiped out that needs a major rehab
and still expect that to be done in a couple days
is ridiculous!  Two of those happened last week and 
one this week.
They both needed total kitchen rehabs from
new floors, all cupboards, counters and appliances
and everything in between.

Check this out for this week coming up
with extreme cold temperatures.
You cannot function properly and be expected
to get things done in a timely manner
when you are short handed half of your staff.

That's the case this week with my hubby on call
who is stressing so bad before the work week even starts.
The property manager, maintenance supervisor,
and a very knowledgeable maintenance worker
was all flown to North Carolina to attend 
a convention of some sort that corporate is having
for fun and for one of the guys at our property
being the maintenance guy of the year.

You take the second supervisor in charge and put
him at the newest property where all new hires
have quit and run for the hills.
Ok that leaves my hubby who's on call for all emergencies.
If something major happens there is no one in charge
to turn to.  For example fires, floods.
Some things need permission to do like calling
contractors to do the really big jobs that they can't handle.
There's is
another pretty good maintenance guy to do punch outs,
a maintenance guy that is half assed and by that I mean
he isn't too knowledgeable with major things
or minor things at that.  I mean come on now
you don't put screws through the tops of faucets
to attach them to the sink decks!
And lastly a maintenance guy they just hired
that is slower than molasses.
For example it took him a couple days just
to replace all the outlets in one apartment!
The painters painted them which they were 
not supposed to do and they wanted all new ones installed.
He has no motivation.

Yeah I stress right along side of my hubby.
I'm the outsider looking in but I have
my xray binoculars on to see that there
are too many chiefs and not enough
Indians running this place.
Yeah it's more money and overtime on the paycheck
just to make ends meet.  He should be making more
money like the rest of them.
They docked him $2 a hour years ago
ever since a new company came in and bought the place.
And with the new company came higher insurance.
So docked $2 an hour and having to pay
over $600 for insurance each month.
Oh yeah I think that's fair, NOT!

Yeah I'm stressed and are in bitch mode
trying to make ends meet at the moment
is very hard work!
Because getting our taxes delayed it's
putting a damper on many things.
I was hoping to have them back about a month earlier
than what they are telling us.
So that is putting us behind with the things I had
planned out.  I don't mean artificial things
I mean things like my medicine.
I was having some bad times with my Crohn's then
this past week I started feeling better
and I could see light at the end of the tunnel
for a little while.
I had gotten to the point of not having to
take acetaminophin as much for the pain. 
I'm thinking woo hoo, finally!
Even if it's for a little while, some relief.
Then I started doing the math.
I had hoped to have our refund money
sooner than later.  I had it all figured out
that my medicine would run out after we got
our tax refund and I would have money to refill them.  
Well because of the delay for filing taxes now
I don't think I'll have enough medicine to get by.
My one medicine costs $200!  
I have about 20 days left.  This is medicine
I have to take the rest of my life to keep Crohn's and
my bowels on the right track.
Ok, to put it not so nicely,
 it keeps me from having constant everyday
diarrhea, many trips daily to the bathroom
and from having to go to the ER with
dehydration and vitamin deficiencies and flare
ups that I could rank up there with having a baby!
I thought last night I would try taking just one
pill instead of two to try and stretch out my medicine.
One would be better than none right?
Wrong!
I am so feeling the affects of not taking that
second pill.  I have been to the bathroom
3-4 times already this morning and I've only been 
awake 2 1/2 hours today.
My bathroom trips are not regular.
Somewhere in between that I noticed the change
that fast from not taking that darn second pill.
I don't know what to do.
I don't want to ask to borrow money again
because I already owe money.
So I sit here in a moment of silence
praying that H&R Blocks calls very soon
to say it's a go on getting our taxes done
to get our refund sooner. 
I'm gonna go take that second pill now
and keep taking two pills each day and pray
that everything turns out alright.


9:15am


Well the snow is picking up it's pace and starting
to cover the roads.  



11:15am


Got 2 meals going in crock pots.



1st is a 3.34 pound sirloin pork roast
found at Save-A-Lot marked down to $4.65.
I added a can of sauerkraut (.59 cents) into the bottom of
the crock with brown sugar (.05 cents).  Topped
with pork roast sprinkled with pork seasoning (.10 cents).
Served with potatoes ($1.00)
TOTAL COST TO MAKE $5.39
This should make a couple meals and a couple lunches.
So $2.69 a meal. 
10 servings @ .53 cents a serving.


2nd is almost 1.5 pounds of pork ribs ($3.25)
in the crock with a half bottle of honey bbq sauce (.30 cents).
Once done I'll shred the pork in the bbq sauce
and serve over mashed potatoes ($1.00). 
Any leftovers will be used in quesadillas ($1.29)
cheese (.50 cents) served with 4 cheese rice-a-roni (.49 cents)
TOTAL COST TO MAKE $6.33
Will try to get 2 meals and 2 lunches from this.
so $3.16 per meal.
10 servings @ .31 cents a serving.



Temps are supposed to start dropping into the 
teens this afternoon with overnight lows in the
single digits with wind chills dropping below zero!
I went around and hung some thick towels on our winows
over top the blinds with some clothespins to help
insulate the place more.
I turned down the heat to 70 degrees as usual
this morning and have the humidifier running.
The thermostat says it's 70 in here.
Here in a few I might start baking some homemade
granola bars to help put some more heat in here.
Looks crappy but hoping to save a little on the heat bill.
It's not like I expect company to come over
anytime soon.





12:20pm


I got a sheet of homemade granola in the oven baking.
I used 2 cups rice cereal, 
6 packets instant flavored oatmeal packets
(1 cinnamon, 2 banana bread, 2 apple cinnamon),
1 cup dried apples and bananas mixed,
1 cup nut trail mix with dates, 
2 eggs, 
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. butter, 
1/3 cup brown sugar, 
2-3 tbsp nutella, 
3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Spread out on jelly roll sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
A couple minutes before being done remove
from oven and sprinkle about 1/2 cup chocolate chips
on top of granola.  Return to oven to finish baking.
Once done take out of oven and using the back
side of a spoon evenly spread the melted
chocolate over top all the granola.
I then set the pan on the back stoop to cool
and hope that no stray cats get a hankering
for some granola!


1:00pm

Going to take a break then finish up the rest
of the laundry left in the dryer which is mostly towels.  
Then get the granola bars cut and wrapped up
for some breakfast treats this week.
After that if I feel energetic I might color my hair. 


1:30pm


WOWZER.
There is a 30 car accident on 270
about 4 miles from our home.
Part of 270 is shut down.
It doesn't say what cause it all.
Traffic is gonna be messed up for awhile
with everyone looking for alternate routes.
Yup, it's Monday!

I am now reading that witnesses to the accident
say that snow caused white out conditions
on the roadway.

There was also a 50 car crash on I-75 near Middletown, OH

and a 22 car crash in Colerain TWP, OH
on I-275.


BRRRR!
It is 22 degrees outside with a wind chill of 8 degrees.
The air is feeling a bit nippy in here because of it.
My hands are feeling a little cold.
Still have yet to turn the heat back up though.
Making sure kids have clothes and sock on.
Sometimes they like to run around without
shirts or half naked it seems and then wonders
why they are cold.


2:40pm


I sent a prayer to God earlier about needing my medicine.
He was very quick to reply!
Got notice from hubby earlier that there is a 
large bonus on his next paycheck on Feb. 1st!!!! 
7 days before my medicine runs out, whew!
That'll give me time to submit it to the 
mail order pharmacy and get it in time before it runs out.
Thank you God!


3:05pm


Ok I upped the heat back to 73.
I couldn't take the chill any longer.
It's 21 and feels like 5 degrees out right now.
Got the granola bars cut up and bagged.
I got 20 bars from the pan.
The kids and myself have had a few.
Their response to them,
"those are actually good"
Like I try to make bad stuff?!




5:00pm


And we have yet another chain reaction crash!
Richfield county Ohio on I-71
there is a 24 vehicle crash! 

Does this not seem odd today with all these
many multi vehicle crashes?

I'm pretty sure I know what is causing it
as hubby said it just happened to him on the way home,
there is blinding snow coming down at times.
Please drive carefully
and slow down and get off the cell phones
unless it is an emergency!


6:00pm


If you can have pigs in a blanket then
I'll call this pig in a nest, lol.
Suuooooeeee, Sup Sup Supper's ready. 



Then off to the store to get me some pop.
I swear my mind is going to be this forgetful.

I wonder how cold it has to be for them
to close schools.  They are talking -15 or
more for wind chills tomorrow morning.


11:15pm


It's 11 degrees out and feels like -5 degrees.
Heading to bed and covering my head.  Brrr!















No comments:

Post a Comment