Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1-16-13

8:00am


I got some pizza dough going in the bread machine
for some Hawaiian pizza for supper. (ham & pineapple)
I used half whole wheat and half all purpose white flour
for the dough to make it healthier.



Really?  Poor babies.
We have some cooold weather coming next week.  
Colder than we've seen in 5 years.
Teen, single and minus digits.
I'll take 55 degrees!




-----------




 3:00pm


Woo Hoo W2's came today.
Now to wait on tax info for the house and we'll be all set.
I love when we get them early and
can beat the rush of people going to get them done.
I got my gas bill today also.
I didn't think it was too bad for all the snow and cold
temperatures we've been having.
It was $69.00.  (not on a budget)  
That includes heat and hot water.
This did not include the couple days of
weather that was 50's to mid 60's.


4:20pm


Got both homemade pizzas in the oven.
It smells so good in here when bread or pizza crust is baking.
One for mom and dad,
-onions, green/red/yellow bell peppers, olives,
ham, pineapple.
and one for the kids,
-ham.

Here it is after one layer of cheese and toppings
before I added another layer of cheese on top.




Boo is a kitchen kitty.  Always under my feet
when baking or cooking or is off to the side
laying on everyone's shoes.  Shoes are taken off
in the kitchen so as to not track mud into
the rest of the house.
I decided to make a shoe fort to see if Boo
would jump inside.  Sure enough he did, lol.
He has a shoe fetish I tell ya.
Always sleeping on someone's shoes!





I just called hubby at work to tell him his W-2's came.
Mr. I Gotta Flu Shot was telling me he feels
like he's getting a cold.  Gotta nip it in the bud
because next week with the frigid temperatures
he has the emergency on call pager at work.
As soon as he gets home from work I'll start him
on some Zicam zinc and an Esther C tablet. 
7:00pm
I think I might go take a hot bath.
Something to help alleviate the throbbing in my belly.   


8:00pm
My hints and tips for today-


I took an epsom salt bath.
It helps to detox the body and helps inflammation.
I make sure to have plenty to drink
after a bath like this so I can rehydrate myself
with plenty of fluids.
The throbbing in my stomach has lessened so
I might do this more often if it helps.
I'm hoping to color my hair tomorrow.
The night before coloring my hair
I use a clarifying shampoo on my hair, no conditioner,
to help remove any hair product or hard water build up
so that the hair dye can penetrate more to the
hair shafts.  It also helps to maintain your color longer.

Once out of the shower I followed up my face washing
of St. Ives Apricot scrub with a toner of pure
apple cider vinegar.  It helps any blemishes, pimples, pores
and to clean out any extra dirt left behind.
It makes your face feel so soft.
Put some on a cloth and wipe your face with it.
Do not rinse.
Whelp, time to give hubby another Zicam
and then watch some American Idol. 


9:20pm


I've been raiding my pantry to see what I could find
to make snacks from.
I just got done making
Molasses Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.

1 packet molasses cookie mix .79 cents
1/2 can of pumpkin .20 cents
1 egg .14 cents
1 tablespoon water- free
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips- .50 cents

Total cost to make cookies $1.63

I did not add butter to these cookies
as stated in the directions.
Instead I added pumpkin to replace the butter
and used about 3/4th of a cup.
To replace the butter cuts out the fat in the cookies
to make it healthier.
These cookies weren't as spicy as you would
think due to the addition of the pumpkin.
You can see all my mark down items I used.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment