Monday, January 14, 2013

1-14-13

3:20pm


I've been taking it easy today.  I consider Mondays my day off.
Or a day to rest somewhat from the previous week.

For supper tonight I am making tuna noodle casserole.


Bag of whole wheat rotini pasta- free
can of cream of mushroom soup- .49 cents
can of peas- .29 cents
can of tuna fish- .79 cents
velveeta cheese- .25 cents
topped with melted butter (.10 cents) mixed
with cornflakes (free) and french fried onions (free)
served with bread (.25 cents) and butter (.10 cents) 

Total cost to make $2.27
serves 8 @ .28 cents a serving.

It's 30 degrees out and feels like 20, brrr.
It was like 61 degrees yesterday, big temperature change
that's for sure.


7:30pm


The cats have now claimed both ottomans
as their sleeping thrones!



I fired back up the humidifier now with
the chillier temperatures outside.
This time I added some real vanilla extract to
the water to scent the air.
I wouldn't think it would hurt the humidifier.
If anything it would prevent the growth of
any mold and bacteria because
vanilla extract has alcohol in it.
 
You can also add apple cider vinegar to
humidifiers and vaporizers to help alleviate any congestion, coughs,
sinus problems or allergies and it also helps to keep
it clean preventing the growth of any bacteria.
I've been doing this for years in vaporizers.

If you don't have a vaporizer or humidifier

you can boil a pot of water with apple cider vinegar
in it.  Place face over steam and inhale for
colds and sinus problems.


9:30pm


I just saw them ask on channel 10 what everyone
has their heat set at.  Ours at night is at 72 to 73 degrees
when everyone is tossing off blankets and not moving much
plus the bedrooms are cooler than the rest of the house.
During the day when I am more active and creating
warmth from body energy and are up and 
moving around and can open blinds and use the solar heater on sunny days, I set it at 70 degrees.
I was at a friend's home recently and just happened
to glance at their thermostat which they
had set at either 77 or 78.  All I can say is
it must be nice!  But I wouldn't want their gas bill!
Many people on channel 10's Facebook was saying
between 60-68 degrees.  Sorry I'm not going any lower than 70.
especially at night time when the temperatures dip outside. 
My body hurts bad enough as it is and I couldn't
imagine it that cool in here and what I'd feel like then.
I need some heat to keep the old joints moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment