Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1-30-13

7:15am


It was 65 degrees this morning at the bus stop 
around 6:45am.  Pretty windy and it now appears
that the rain has finally made it here.
We've got storm and high wind warnings
along with tornado watches in Southern Ohio.

7:23am


We are now under a severe thunderstorm warning
for Franklin county.  It just came across the tv. 


4:55pm


Tonight's supper is just something I threw together.
I took 2 boxes of Betty Crocker aug gratin potatoes
and 1 box of Hamburger Helper potato stroganoff
and put the potatoes in a greased casserole dish.
In a skillet I fried up some leftover bacon and
half of an onion diced up.  Then added the liquid ingredients
that the directions on the boxed potatoes said to add.
I replaced 1 half cup of milk with a half cup of mayo.
I poured this over top the potatoes
and baked 350 degrees 25 minutes.
Next I fried up a can of corned beef and added
homemade seasoned bread crumbs to it.
I removed the potatoes from the oven
and turned the oven off.
I then put the corned beef on top of the potatoes
and sprinkled a little cheese on top and
returned to the oven while it was off til supper,
about 10-15 minutes.

It's one of those days where I was just grabbing
stuff off the pantry shelves that sounded
like it would be good together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment