Saturday, February 9, 2013

2-9-13

1:00pm


Got the tv out of the box and put together.
The energy star rating is much better than I thought.
Yesterday I said it was $10.88 a year based upon
what I saw online.
On the tv itself it says the energy star rating
is $6.98 a year based upon 11 cents kwh.
Which would make it even less for us
since our electric is only 8.1 cents per kwh!
Hoping this will help out some with the
electric bill compared to their old tv.
They mainly use it for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.



I use an air purifier all the time.
While it does not have a washable filter
I still have tried to wash it a couple times.
To buy actual air filters can be expensive.
I have now found another cheaper option
for the filter on it.
I have now started using floor register filters
in it which are almost a perfect size for it.
They run about $2-$3 for a package of them.




3:30pm


We went and got the free bookshelf from hubby's work.
I think it will work perfectly for the boy's tv.
It has shelves to put modems, routers,
game systems and games on.
This shelf is only 2.5 feet high
and only 11.5 inches wide so perfect for a small bedroom.
Then their futon will create more space
since it can be folded into a couch during the day.
Trying make a game room and bedroom all-in-one for them.


One child and hubby couldn't wait for it to
be set up in the bedroom and got the
Playstation 2 hooked up to it in the living room.
Me, I'm still trying to get psyched up to
totally redo their room.
But still excited about getting the tv.
If you knew the whole story behind
the tv situation you would understand better.
Long story short.  A friend promised to sell
us his tv once he bought a new one.
Well he bought a new one and sold his other
tv to someone else and the story goes on but I'd
rather not say the rest of it because it isn't very nice.
 Yeah I was upset about it but we ended up with a bigger and better tv than what his was anyway. Pretty good picture huh.


Here's their tv set up now.
It's a tv that can't even be programmed
to a universal remote because
the tv brand is not even listed in any booklet
to get a code for it.
The old stand protrudes from the wall 19.5 inches
so by using the new book shelf instead will
make another 8 inches of space in the room. 
Doesn't sound like much but in a small
room will make a difference.





6:00pm


Got the computer table desk put together
and the book shelf and tv in the bedroom.
Had to duct tape the backing
on the bookshelf to stabilize it.
So many tangled wires everywhere!
Have I told you I absolutely hate wires??!!
I save bread twisty ties and tried my
best to get the cords under control with them.
I need a break for a bit.  Time for supper.
Then if I feel energetic after that
I might work on getting a desk top
computer moved to it's new location.
That involves even more cords, AHHHHH!
The rest of my house is going to hell
because of this project.
Got things sitting in my kitchen ready
to go to the dumpster and things
that need to go to the basement like
a dresser I took out of the bedroom.
I hope this is sooo worth it in the end
because right now it looks like one
big jumbled up mess!


7:45pm


Energy's gone so tomorrow will work
on the computer and getting the futon
moved into the bedroom
and work on laundry and taking things
to the basement and loading the truck
with things to go dump etc etc etc.
Too many and's!
Never enough hours in a day.


9:08pm


Well I couldn't take walking around
furniture in my kitchen no more so
got up a little energy and made 5 trips down
to the basement, one for the dresser shell
and 4 drawers full of toys.
Then while down in the basement I decided
to fill the washer and get it going
with a load of clothes.
Yup that should do it for tonight.
I'm pretty sure I'm wore out after all that exercise.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment