Monday, February 11, 2013

2-11-13

8:00am


I have bread dough mixing in the bread machine.
I'm making French dip sandwiches for supper tonight.
I had bought 2 loaves of sweet Italian bread
from Kroger marked down to .99 cents.
I realized I still needed one more loaf.
So that's why I am making homemade
sweet Italian bread this morning.
The recipe below makes 2 loaves which I do not need.
So, for the other half of the dough I plan
to make Italian bubble bread
for some lasagna I'm making this week.

4 cups unbleached flour
1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
3 Tablespoons Splenda
(I added this as it was not in the original recipe)
1 1/3 cup warm water 110 degrees
1 teaspoon oil
1 (2.5 oz) active dry yeast
I also added these ingredients below
which were not in the recipe-
garlic powder, onion powder and oregano

Egg Wash-
1 egg
1 Tablespoon water

Add everything in order according to
manufacture's directions in bread machine.

 Once bread machine is finished on the just
the dough cycle, mine I set on pizza dough cycle,
remove and deflate the dough by punching it down.
Divide dough in half.
Shape first half into a long log shape onto
a parchment paper lined baking sheet,
seam side down.
For the second half of the dough divide up into
round balls and place into a greased 
cake or pie pan.
Place warm damp cloth over top doughs
and you can place on a heating pad
set on low for 45-50 minutes 
or until dough has doubled in size.

In a small bowl beat egg and water.
Brush over top the bread dough.
Bake in preheated oven 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Tips-
You can sprinkle Italian seasoning over top
bread dough before baking.

Yeast keeps longer and fresher when stored
in the fridge.

To help dough rise place pans on
a heating pad.


9:00am


We have a Wind Advisory for today.
They said we could see wind gusts up to 40-50 mph
and some areas could loose power.

I got my blinds opened up for sun to shine
in, got the humidifier running
and the solar heater going to capture
any free heat I can today.


9:10am


Bread is done mixing in bread machine.
I have it all divided up and now on its second rise.
I placed a moist towel that I warmed in the
microwave over the dough. 





 


11:35am


The school nurse called to say my son
had a bellyache.  I went and picked him up from school.
It wasn't long after picking him up that
I was able to diagnose his bellyache problem...
White Castle air pocket in belly
that came out and out and polluted the air.
Oh my goodness!!! 
We had White Castles last night for supper.

Once back home I backed my bread.
Turned out looking and smelling really good!
I didn't use an egg wash on the dough before
baking.  Instead I used Italian dressing
and sprinkled more oregano, garlic and onion powder on top
along with parmesan cheese and onion crunch topping. 
Mmmm, cheddar cheese and real bacon bits on top
of the bubble bread sounds good also!





I save a bunch of bread or plastic bags.
They come in handy to put homemade baked goods in.







A little late with getting my menu planned out
for the week but here it is.

Suppers

1-2.  2 homemade lasagnas
one with store bought garlic bread and
one with homemade bubble bread

3.  French Dip sandwiches with Au Jus dipping sauce.
Macaroni & cheese.

4.  Roast with potatoes, gravy and carrots

5.  Pork chops with apple stuffing
and rice

6.  Goulash

7.  Spaghetti & meatballs
with some more homemade Italian bread.

8.  Italian marinated fish fillets
with rice and veggies.

Breakfasts

Egg sandwiches
Cereal
Muffins
Orange Juice

Desserts

Peanut butter banana bread

Cream cheese frosting stuffed strawberries with sprinkles

Strawberry shortcake cake
- I'll be using a white cake mix instead of yellow
and making cupcakes and slicing them in layers.

FYI if using real strawberry slices
and you need to sugar them I use
Splenda or sugar-free strawberry jello
when making desserts for those with diabetes.


Turned the heat down to 70 degrees at 7am
this morning.   The furnace hasn't kicked
on for 5.25 hours today so far.  Temperature
in house is reading 73 degrees.
It's 52 degrees outside with winds at 27 mph
gusting to 37 mph.  
Some large city trash cans with trash have toppled over
from wind today.  Today is trash day.


1:10pm


Temp outside is now dropping 49 with a wind chill of 42 degrees.
Unplugged fan to solar heater since
it's no longer sunny outside.
It's still 73 degrees in here.  Furnace has still not kicked on.
Winds are still kicking with gusts up to 37 mph.


Finally turned the heat on around 2:25pm.
So have not had the furnace running today for
about 7.5 hours. 


9:15pm


Supper tonight was a roast beef sandwich
on Italian bread with swiss cheese, velveeta cheese,
Italian dressing and au jus with a side of mac & cheese.

 


I got a bunch of freebies in the mail today.
2 coupons for a free 2 liter of Pepsi Next.
I still have an electronic coupon on my Kroger
Plus card for even another free bottle of Pepsi Next.
Free Kroger salad dressing.
Free 100 count Kroger Ibuprofen.

A bunch of other Kroger coupons in a booklet.


Free Venus Embrace razor with 2 extra heads.
Free Good Housekeeping magazine.
Free Tide pod.



Me and hubby went to Buybacks tonight
to look around and bought some DVDs.
We don't have very many and they come in handy
when the internet and cable goes out.
11 movies were $1.00 each
and 1 was .50 cents.



I think I will jump in the shower and
hopefully get to bed soon.
Didn't get a nap today.  I know boo hoo you didn't get a nap.
Poor baby.  Well what people don't understand is my
sleep is done on a split shift with about 4-5 hours
at night and another 3 hours during the day.
For me to get 8 hours sleep
each night straight I would have to go to bed around 9pm
and I can't see that happening with everything
I need to do or get done around here.
And I probably
won't get one tomorrow either considering
I'm taking mom to renew her license,
pick up some prescriptions and go to a thrift store
in hopes of finding more pants/jeans for my one
son who keeps splitting the crotch in the ones he has
beyond sewing repair.  I try to tell him to pull up
on his pants legs before sitting down to lessen
the crotch stress and he doesn't listen. 
Ok, I'm off to round up everyone's clothes and
things for tomorrow and jump in the shower.






No comments:

Post a Comment