Wednesday, November 6, 2013

11-5-13

8:15am


Trying to get back to normal around here after
a 5.5 day hospital stay isn't easy.
Actually it has been down right stressful
and stress is not what I need with Crohn's Disease.
It can be the number one trigger for a Crohn's flare up.
I was reminded that by doctors in the hospital
many many times pounding it into my head.
You lead my life and not have any stress, HA!

Ok first of all when your bills are higher than
the income coming in, well that's stressful.
It's the 5th of the month and haven't paid my bills
and aren't sure how to pay them all.

While I was in the hospital hubby had a doctor's
appointment with our family doctor because
he was having pain that was making it difficult for
him to walk or do much of anything.
Plus he needed his prescriptions refilled.
Doc's got him set up to do xrays, cat scan, MRI,
EKG, stress tests, ultra sounds, etc because he mentioned
he had some chest pains a couple of times
but they didn't last long and went away.
I'm assuming that the doctor started asking
hubby about how he'd been feeling 
and started asking 20 questions about his health
and that's how he found this out because it was not
why he was at the doctor's office.
Totally stressing because I know those tests
aren't going to be cheap and then add in my 
5 day hospital stay with xrays, cat scan, colonoscopy
and who knows how many drugs and iv bags they put me on.
Want to know the kicker???
Family doctor wants hubby to take a week off of work
because of back problems with an upper disc in his back.
Doc did give him pain medicine but it's not like
it's something he can take while working
so who the heck knows what is going on.
I told hubby it is totally up to him as to whether 
or not he thinks he can work or wants to take
a week off.  He does have sick and vacation time to use
if need be.  Still it's just so freaking stressful
that everything is falling upon us all at once.
We've already decided with all the doctor
bills that we're about to have which I'm sure
will be in the thousands, that we won't be taking
a vacation next year like we've been doing the last
couple of years.  We won't be doing a lot of things, period.

You would think after coming home from the
hospital I should be able to relax and rest.  NOT!
The phone won't quit ringing and it's always something.
Between talking to mom, hubby, the insurance company
and doctors it's just crazy!
I'm trying to take care of myself, my hubby and kids,
who obviously weren't taking their vitamins
and supplements while I was away and have
now gotten colds.  Oh goodie, now I have to worry
about getting a cold on top of everything else.
Not good!  If I catch something the kids bring
home from school then I end up getting it 10x's worse!

The family doctor's office called yesterday
and that wasn't a good thing to do especially
when I haven't had a cigarette in almost a week!
First of all doc sent all hubby's prescription refills
to our old mail order pharmacy that we haven't
used in over a year or more!
I hate mail order pharmacies and wish we could
just go to the nearest store!
Then my questions started with the nurse.
What are all these tests for?  They don't seem to relate
to the pain in the lower groin or back that my
hubby is having!  I said he came in for prescription
refills and the back and groin pain.
She had the doctor call me back.
He says the issue never got brought up in the office.
Sorry, but that is total bullshit!
The poor guy can barely walk, I know
he complained to the doctor about it!!
It was brought up!  Next thing I know after all
the complaining I was doing he was able to get
hubby back in the office yesterday after work!
No additional copay either!
I was in bitch mode.
Then the doctor wanted to lecture me about
the mail order pharmacy mishap like that was my fault
saying I should have updated it in their office.
Well...it's been on file in their office, where
does he think we've been getting hubby's prescriptions from?!
Even the nurse I talked to said it was on file!
She said that the doctor should have confirmed
the pharmacy during the doctor's visit which he did not.

For starters I don't like our family doctor
and being sick myself and trying to deal with
all the crap our family doctor is putting us through
is not fun.  Oh and have I mentioned that our
family doctor NEVER visits us in the hospital
if we are admitted.  The hospital always try to contact
him but he never responds.
Now my GI doctor did respond and made
a couple appearances at the hospital and
even did my colonoscopy at the hospital.

Oh and let me add in that I have to make
a follow up appointment to see my GI doctor
in the next week or two.
He wants to look into other medicine options
for me in addition to the one I'm already on.
Ya know the one that just went up and
is now going to cost me $300!
Anyways doc was saying he would really like
to see me on Remicade or Humira.
He was leaning towards Remicade infusions
every 2 months for 2 hours at a time.
AHHHHH.  I've heard good things and bad about
that medicine.  I also know it can cost ALOT
if our insurance doesn't cover most of it.

Thankfully my stomach bloating and pain
has gone down with prescription meds
the hospital gave me.  I do have one other painful problem
as a result of Crohn's, hemorrhoids!
Hubby thinks I should discuss this problem
with my GI doctor and see about getting them removed
because they are big and painful.
All I keep seeing are dollar signs everywhere I look.
I don't have a clue what we are going to do
money wise.  We're even considering not doing
anything for Thanksgiving and just staying home.
Can't afford to go far away places and take food
that we don't have to share.
Sounds snotty to say but that's how it is.
Any food I have has to stay here and feed our family
if I have to slave over every meal and make
everything from scratch whether I feel good or not.
I don't know yet about the holidays, we'll see
if I can pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Right now I have some bread dough going in the
bread machine.  I was thinking about 
dividing it in half and putting it into a couple casserole
dishes, topping with spaghetti, homemade deer meatballs,
sauce and cheese and calling it a 
spaghetti pizza casserole.
You invent meals when you don't have much money!!!

I probably didn't make a whole lotta sense on here.
All my stress is coming out at once trying to vent
it some and I'm on prednisone which can 
just make you feel a little weird, wired, tired, shaky
all at the same time.
I'm not in my right mind.
I'm in my left mind, and it has left and
who knows when it will return.


9:30am


Hubby has come home from work.
He is off work til next week.


1:30pm


This past week has not been good for anyone.
Stress levels are through the roof!!
It's becoming very hard.
Of course I told you that hubby is off for the next week
due to his pains/illness
and you are plenty aware that I have been ill
and hospitalized.
Hubby's boss had to leave work today because
he found out his niece had died today.
Then I just now got a phone call saying my
best friend's mom just passed away a half hour ago.
I don't know what kind of test God is putting us through
but it is a very big one!


3:00pm


I need a break already!

One child came home from school and said his
ear hurt all day.
Well, I guess we'll be taking him to Walgreens
to get it looked at to see if he has an ear
infection from his cold and may need
some antibiotics.

NEVER ENDING AROUND HERE!


8:00pm


Well we took my son to Walgreens clinic
and I was right at thinking he had an ear infection.
He is now taking amoxocillin for it.
At least his runny nose only lasted a couple of days
and seemed to of stopped.
Ever since I got home from the hospital I was making
sure they got their vitamins and upped the dose
of their vitamin C, Zinc and Echinacea.
Those three things helps tremendously with
fighting colds!!











No comments:

Post a Comment