Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11-12-13

5:40am


Snow is right on schedule.
29 degrees outside with 18 degree wind chill.
I always tell everyone to expect one of the first snowfalls
around my birthday.  
A neighbor lady argued with me saying oh no
it will happen in December.
I was right.


I was so tired last night I went to bed around 7:00pm
and got back up at 10:00pm to make sure
all kids were in bed and then stayed up til 12:30am watching tv.
Then back to bed til 5:30am.
My sleep is so messed up.


8:00am


Take 2.  Today will be a repeat of yesterday
with trying to go to the BMV and doctor's office.
Hopefully we'll get somewhere today.
There's been something going on everyday
since I've been out of the hospital.
Tomorrow's something will be the kids are off school.
Can't we just get back to normal around here?
Hey I did get my laundry all caught up.
Not saying it's all been brought up outta the basement
and hung in closets but it's all washed, dried
and at least hung up in the basement.
I'm still working on getting the Summer clothes
put away and getting the Winter clothes out.
Most of it is done except for my things.


I've been trying to come up with ideas
for cheap things to make for Christmas.
I've been thinking about making
emergency bags, something practical,
that can be put in a glove box of a vehicle.
I'd use something like toiletry bags found
at the thrift store for a buck or two like the one below.
Or you could use something like a cheap
school box or diaper wipe box.

Next fill it with things like:
(think about all those uses for sample packets!)
paperclips, safety pin, needle/thread/button,
gum/hard candy/breath mints/suckers, travel size hand sanitizer,
band aids, pen and paper pad or sticky notes,
aspirin/tylenol/ibuprofen, travel tissues,
mini screwdriver (cheap eyeglass repair kit), 
comb, mini flashlight, matches, sunscreen,
compact mirror, AAA/AA batteries,
whistle, hand warmers packs,
small phone book, gloves, scissors,
chapstick, etc, etc.



1:35pm


We got everything done we set out to do to, yeah!
We had a little time after we went to the BMV
before the doctor's office so stopped in
a thrift store for about a half hour.
I found a pair of OSU flannel pajama bottoms
for .99 cents I am putting back for a Christmas present.

Someone had recommended getting
a large exercise ball to stretch our backs on.
I found one still in the box for $2.92.

And lastly I got two cup warmers
for .90 cents each.
I got these to put back in my emergency food supplies.
I already have an adapter that I can plug
into a cigarette lighter so that I can plug
household thing into.  I thought this would
be great to use should there be no power
and we would want to warm up a can
of vegetables, a cup of soup, hot chocolate or coffee.
They are only 20-25 watts of power.
They do get pretty hot.
I wouldn't put your hand on one of them.
I have been looking for those travel mugs
that plug into cigarette lighters but haven't had any luck.

Hubby went to see doc today and he
cleared him to go back to work, yeah.
He also got a flu shot and his ears cleaned out
during this visit.  He's been having trouble
hearing out of his one ear.

Now that we are back home I have
some pizza dough going in the bread machine.
I plan on making ham and cheese pizzas tonight.
I got some cheap FMV Kroger ham slices
and plant to cut them up into strips and
fry with some maple syrup and a little brown
sugar before topping the pizzas with them.


5:15pm


I have been so tired.  I tried laying down for a little
nap around 3:15pm but woke back up
at 4:00pm with mom calling saying
my brother got a buck today.
Woo Hoo!

I've now got a couple of pizzas made
and baking in the oven.
They make the whole house smell good.
The ham I put on top was cheap and really salty tasting.
I drained any liquid from it, cut it up and fried
it in a skillet with a handful of dark brown sugar
til the sugar got thick.
I then added some cut up onions to half
of the ham and fried them with it
for mom and dad's pizza.


5:55pm


It would nice to be able to eat something without
getting bloated.  My stomach swells up :0(
Still feels like I have a rib cramp also.
Sigh.


---










No comments:

Post a Comment