Saturday, November 9, 2013

11-9-13

10:05am


Getting ready to go to the scrap metal place to make
an extra buck.  Every little bit helps out right now.
All it is, is bits and pieces of metal from hubby's work
like sink faucets, some copper piping, little motors
from furnaces and aluminum pieces.
Plus we have a bunch of aluminum cans we've
been collecting for awhile now.
They are only open til noon on Saturdays so
are getting ready to head out.

The wind is blowing and the air is chilly
so it's making our bodies hurt this morning.
Hubby's doctor told him he has arthritis all over
so this cold air doesn't help the pain.

We try to do as much home remedies as possible.
I have been giving him back massages at night
with some arthritis heat rub plus hot baths & showers
along with heating pads help.

I think I have found a home remedy for my hemorrhoids.
I sit in a hot bath with epsom salts.
That helped LOTS with shrinking and the pain!
Sounds nasty but hey it's life and what people
with Crohn's Disease have to deal with
and figure out ways to make themselves comfortable
and in less pain.


11:35am


We made almost $102 off some free scrap metal and cans.
That will help to pay a bill or two.
Now are back home and got supper going in the crock.
I cut up a bunch of beef, added a carton of
beef stock, garlic & herb seasoning, steak sauce
and an onion to it for some beef stew later on.
I'll cut up potatoes and carrots and boil them
til tender on the stove and will add them
to the meat about half way through cooking.
I never have any luck with raw veggies like
that getting tender in the crock so do them on the side.

Hubby's currently making everyone
fried egg and bologna sandwiches for lunch.
Hey, it's food in the belly and is pretty good if you ask me.


1:20pm


Got all my taters and carrots peeled, cut up 
and boiling in pans.
Once again I saved all my potato peels.
I placed them in a bowl with cold water
and a touch of lemon juice, drained,
then put in a freezer bag.
One day I baked these up with some 
olive oil, seasoning and parmesan
in place of french fries for a side dish.

I am also working on a recipe for a contest.
I got some tortillas from Dollar Tree and usually
don't have a problem with them.
This time around they are stuck together
and I can have any rips or holes in them
for what I want to make.
I think I'll let them come to room temperature
so I can peel them apart much easier.
I think that was the problem since I'm trying
to rush.

Trying to get laundry caught up.
It's been a couple of weeks til it's been completely done
and I'm still trying to switch from Summer clothes
over to Winter clothes and get them organized.
The week I went into the hospital I had only
done one load and it never made it out of the dryer!
I felt that bad.

I am feeling shaky, weak and tired.
Meds do that to me it seems even after taking them with food.
Hubby's not feeling good without all his meds
due to the doctor's screw up.
Praying that his medicine arrives in the mail today!!
Watching for the mailman like a hawk.


3:00pm


Just got done with my making one of my recipes for a contest.
Won't say what it is or how it is made of course
because of the contest but I got 2 thumbs up from everyone!
The contest ends December 2nd so you'll have to wait til then.
Don't need competition, I need money for bills,
hospital, doctors and medicine
and it's a $400 to $2500 prize pot.
Trying not to be rude but it's called survival mode 
and it is kicking in.
It's easy and cheap to make.


5:00pm


Supper's done.  Should've seen the look on
hubby's face when he saw how much I actually made.
He says, "did you make a wee much?"
I said nope.  I try to make a bunch at one time
when I can to get 2-3 meals made all at once.
I had the crock pot so packed full
I had to dump everything into my turkey roasting pan.
Beef steak meat $5.78
Potatoes $1.00
Carrots $2.00
Beef stock ?  mom bought it for me.
Onion .25 cents
seasonings

So roughly $9.00 for about 3 rib sticker
meals that will make you warm and cozy on a cold day!

With hubby being off work for a week
and then last week him running the household
for a week while I was in the hospital
I think everyone's finally able to understand what
I go through on a daily basis with kids, cleaning,
baking/cooking, shopping, holiday planning, bills/budget,
school, phone calls, appointments/docs/medicines,
transporting kids to and from bus stop,
baths, laying clothes out for everyone,
keeping a routine everyday so things go smoothly,
hair cuts, helping out with hubby at work when he's on call,
taking care of everyone when they get sick,
etc, etc as the list never ends.
I feel more appreciated now by everyone!!
I think now they understand why I need a nap
after getting up at 5:30 am every week day
and sometimes going to bed around midnight or later.
I've always threatened to go on strike but
I did not want to go into the hospital to do it and prove a point.
I'm not saying it as a bad thing I'm saying
it like I wish at times I was more appreciated
for everything I do.  Sometimes you feel like family can 
take advantage of you just because they are used
to you running the house and doing things for them.
Whenever you think a stay at home mom
or housewife stays at home and sits around
on her or his butt you better think again!
It can be just as hard as having a 40 hour week job
except I put in MUCH more overtime without pay!
---






No comments:

Post a Comment