Thursday, November 14, 2013

11-14-13

8:15am


I am working on more Christmas cookies this morning.
Iced Oatmeal Carrot Cake Cookies,
something I made up.
I started with an oatmeal cookie mix from aldis.
Added in 2 cups oatmeal, 2/3rd cup sugar,
1 cup flour, 2 eggs, 4 Tablespoons water,
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice,
1 teaspoon of valencia orange peel
and I had a packet of shredded carrots and raisins
from a carrot cake mix that I hydrated in some water
and drained and mixed into the cookie dough.
Once baked and cooled I plan to glaze them with
a mix of powdered sugar and milk.
Bake on slightly greased cookie sheet
at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
1 tablespoon size cookie dough rolled and flattened.



9:15am


I ended up with 66 cookies to pack in the freezer.
I am going to go lay down and take a nap.
This is the first day since leaving the hospital
12 days ago that I've had the house back to myself
during the day.




1:30pm


I took about an hour nap before the phone started ringing.
Was doing good up until now.
I can feel my whole body starting to throb
so I take ibuprofen which seems to help.
I have been trying to call my GI to get an appointment
and no one is answering the phone.
The recording says they are open til 4:00pm.
Guess I'll keep trying.


2:15pm


Nothing like making an appointment on my birthday.
I finally got through to the GI.
I have to wait a MONTH to be seen and my 
appointment is December Friday the 13th.
Oh goody!
So I guess it means nothing when your doctor
tells you he wants to see you in his office
in 2 weeks when he is totally booked for the next month.
I even mentioned that on the phone
to the receptionist that I just got out of the hospital
not long ago and he wanted to see me,
blah blah blah, and they said
it didn't matter.
I'd hate to see if I had another regular flare up
and needed to be seen.
I'd probably be told to go to the ER.
I still don't feel right so I best get used to it feeling like crap.
Doctor's appointments are going to get harder to get.
Hubby's next doctor's appointment
is the same days as mine, on the 13th.
I hoping to turn this unlucky number around
and make it lucky!


8:00pm


Just got back from mom's and eating out 
at Hometown Buffet.
Everything was so nice.
Truck driver neighbor was even at
Hometown tonight with his kids and of course sat
at a table right next to ours.
Still kind of depressing.
It's 8pm and my dad hasn't said happy birthday
and neither has my oldest son.
Just feel like a lot of people forgot :0(
It's just like when I was at the hospital
my dad never wrote to see how I was 
and my oldest son never called me
or came to visit.
Oh well at least I had a good time tonight.
Gotta think positive.
Thanks to those for the birthday wishes!


11:55pm


We had just dozed off when the on call pager went off
at 10:45pm.  Someone had locked themselves out
of their apartment.  Got back home and had to get
on the computer on last time for tonight.
Still nothing on Facebook from my son
or dad about my birthday like they do every year.
Why am I letting this bother me?!
It's officially 12:01 November 15th, they forgot my birthday!
Goodnight!








No comments:

Post a Comment