Saturday, November 16, 2013

11-16-13

10:30am


I think I went to bed around 8:30pm
then got up for a couple hours then back
to bed til 9:30am.

If today goes well meaning not too many pages
out to go to hubby's work,
then we might work on getting the gutters
cleared out of leaves and start hanging
Christmas lights on them.
Other than to be checked to make sure they work
the lights won't come on again til the day after
Thanksgiving.  That's also when I get
the Christmas tree and other decorations out.
One holiday at a time thank you.

Last night me and hubby was trying to figure
out his vacation time.  He is only allowed
to roll over one week each year and he has
3 days needing used up before then.
He gets Dec. 24 & 25th off so decided 2 vacation days
will be for the 26th and 27th.
Then we have one more day sometime to
go Christmas shopping.
While we don't have much money I do have
our Christmas savings account to fall
back upon now for Christmas presents.
I started this a couple years ago because
we were so broke we could hardly have a Christmas
for the kids.  Now $25 is taken out of hubby's
paycheck automatically.  By the end of the year
we have save up $600 to use for Christmas.



3:00pm


We went to the grocery store to get food for the week
and spent $49 with no coupons.
I had a small list and no meals planned.
Sometimes I just have to go to the store
and find mark down meat and take it from there for meals.
So here are the meals I have for this week
after the trip to the store.

1.  4.69 pound package of chicken wings marked down.
bbq chicken wings with beans, mac n cheese,
maybe a potato salad.

2. & 3.  2.69 pound package of pork roast marked down.
Sides- mashed potatoes & gravy,
green beans or peas, bread & butter.

4.  Chinese veggies (marked down) & teriyaki pasta
with chicken nuggets.

5.  Sweet Italian bread pizzas.
Bakery bread was marked down.

6.  Marked down Italian sausage on bread
with a side of french fries.

7.  Sausage gravy & biscuits

8.  Breakfast casserole with biscuits,
eggs, cheese and bacon.


6:00pm


Nothing like mowing and raking leaves in the dark.
We started cleaning out gutters and raking leaves
earlier but of course the pager went off
and we had to head to hubby's work for a little
over two hours.
This was earlier before we got called to work.



8:15pm


I've got a lot of clothes to start going through.
My friend gave me 15 to 20 trash bags full of
her mom's clothes, shoes and coats!!
Now imagine a whole back end of a Suburban
top to bottom, side to side full
of bags of clothing!!!


Hubby wants to go to his mom's for Thanksgiving
so I guess we're going.
So now I've been sitting her racking my brain
as to what I can cheaply take.
I have my 3 crock slow cooker I can use
and take with us.
I was thinking maybe some creamed corn
in one crock.
You put about 3-4 cans of drained corn in the crock
with about half a block of cream cheese, butter, milk,
salt and pepper.
I have a bunch of canned corn I found marked
down at Kroger.

In the other two crocks I think I'm going to make
my usual homemade noodles with gravy.

Then lastly I have a bunch of chips that I bought
awhile back for .25 cents a bag.
I have blue corn chips, sweet potato chips
& other kinds of chips.
What if I put those on a platter with a cheese ball?
I saw a recipe for a cream cheese ball that looked yummy.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball.


OK, time for some more ibuprofen.
I don't think yard work did my body any justice today
but it needed done.
Let the throbbing resume, ahhh.




No comments:

Post a Comment