Thursday, November 7, 2013

11-7-13

8:05pm


Last night I started feeling acid reflux and slept with my
pillow elevated and took a swig of Kroger brand Malox
to help coat my stomach so I could sleep.
This afternoon I could feel my stomach sloshing
around, gurgling and a burning feeling like there was more
stomach acid going on.  It hasn't reached my throat
yet, only in my belly area under my ribs.

I have gotten my appetite back thanks to the
Prednisone I'm on.  A week ago I couldn't even look at food.
But now I have the same problem I had in the hospital,
bloating after eating for many many hours
if not most of the day.
It's like my food just sits in my stomach causing
a bulge.  I can't wear any snug clothing so everything's
been loose fitting like stretch or jogging pants.

I'm just taking notes of things going on with myself.
Still tired at times and feel shaky.
I'm thinking the shakiness may be the medicine I'm on.
It says to take with food and I do.
Sometimes I still get a queasy stomach.

I still haven't made a GI follow up appointment.
Maybe next week I will.
I just want to take it easy around here for a week
after my hospital visit.
It hasn't exactly been easy but I get to just 
sit or lay around the house if need be.

I know during my follow up appointment
I need to mention the stomach acid to my GI doctor
and I know he's going to want to do an endoscopy.
Crohn's disease can appear anywhere in your
digestive tract from your mouth down to your bottom.
A colonoscopy is a scope that goes bottoms up.
A endoscopy is a scope that goes mouth down.

I don't know what to do.  It's not like a money
tree is growing in the backyard and I still need treatment
because I know and feel things are still not right.
I can say I do feel better than a week ago though.
Well I'm going to turn into bed soon.
I pray that I don't wake up running to the bathroom
having to throw up.  Have you ever thrown up stomach acid?
I would not wish that upon anyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment