Tuesday, November 19, 2013

11-19-13

12:55pm


I laid down and took a 3 hour nap this morning
I was so tired.  I'm always tired it seems even
if I get enough sleep.


Well I got through the last clothing bag in the truck, whew!
Now I need to figure out where to put the clothes I kept, lol.
I filled up my side of the closet with nothing
but my new clothes.
1-2 bags of Summer clothes went to basement storage.
I ended up donating 2 bags of clothes that wouldn't fit.
2 medium boxes of clothing will go towards Christmas presents.
I'll have so many pairs of shoes some brand new with tags!
I've never owned more than just the basics
like one pair of tennis shoes, boots, sandals and maybe a dress shoe.
It sure feels like Christmas came early for me!


1:50pm


I've got 2 batches of Pumpkin Snickerdoodle dough
chilling in the fridge.
2 boxes Krusteaz snickerdoodle cookie mix
2 eggs
1 cup butter
1 cup pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
and I'm guessing on these measurements
because I just kinda dumped them in the bowl-
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
box of pumpkin spice pudding mix

Drop tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet
and dip the bottom of a glass into some cinnamon sugar 
and press onto tops of cookies before baking.
These will go into the freezer for Christmas cookies.


3:15pm


I have been trying so hard to find my living room once again.
It started looking like a clothing boutique!
I got the Winter clothes put away in the closet
but now have to figure out where to put shoes,
any and all jackets & sweaters (things that zip or button up),
and under garments, pajamas and robes.


4:00pm


I made up 6 cookies to taste test with the kids
from the cookie dough I made.
While they tasted good they were kind of dry
so I dumped a small box of pumpkin spice pudding
mix into it, along with some more flour,
sugar and brown sugar to stretch it out further.
Waiting for them to bake to see how they turn out.
If they are still dry then I might run icing stripes on the tops.


4:40pm


The cookies came out excellent and had lots of flavor
that I won't be needing icing.
No longer dry with the pudding mix added in.


I got supper going in the oven of BBQ chicken wings.
I put them on a cooling rack placed on top of a cookie
sheet to catch any grease.
Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and using tongs dip them into
a bowl of BBQ sauce and return them to the rack
to bake another 15 minutes.

While the chicken was cooking I saw that I had
a 10 pound bag of potatoes that needed used up
so I peeled them all, chopped them up 
and put on the stove to boil in a pot of water.
Some large potatoes I reserved for supper,
cut in half and in half again and microwaved
them for about 8 or so minutes til tender.
These will be served with the bbq chicken wings.
Of course I saved all my potato peels 
and have them soaking in a bowl of cold
water with a splash of lemon juice.
I'll drain these and put in freezer bags
to make baked potato skins.

This time of year potatoes seem to go on sale.
I've been finding them for $1.99 a 10 pound bag.
I just bought another 10 pound bag this week
so the other bag needed cooked up.

Plus I've been working on getting clothes put away.
Here's just a sampling of the shoes/boots I got.
You can see they are still in their boxes
and some still have tags on them!
There is also another pair of the red shoe boots in a 
different color, another pair of black suede boots
that are shorter, another pair of black leather riding boots,
2 pairs of tennis shoes, a pair of dress shoes,
a pair of loafers, 2 pairs of high heel dress shoes,
and tons of sandals on top of what you see!!


5:50pm


Getting overwhelmed with everything.
Between clothing, baking Christmas cookies,
planning what to make for Thanksgiving, etc
I also have a potluck at church to make something for
and now hubby says he needs something for work
by Friday for a Thanksgiving potluck for his coworkers.
I'm gonna be a baking fool!!!
I'm thinking about making a pie for his work
that I want to enter into a contest.
I can use his coworkers as taste testers
and get feedback from them before entering it.
It's making me tired thinking about everything
I need to do!!


8:50pm


So I made all that supper for everyone
and to me it didn't look appetizing at all so I didn't
eat the chicken and had a little bit of potatoes, didn't
even finish them.  I was hungry so ate a Banquet entree
that looked good.  Now my stomach feels like it's
doing flip flops.  There's days when I get hunger pains
that eventually make me sick and throw up.
None of this stuff makes sense to me.
My insides are so screwed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment