Wednesday, November 20, 2013

11-20-13

9:50am


Me and mom headed out this morning at 7:15am.
She took me out to breakfast and then we went
to Meijer to do her grocery shopping
and we each got turkeys that were $17 off.
Mine was around $28 and with the sale it cost around $12,
.61 cents a pound.
My turkey is 19.5 pounds for our family.
This won't be used for Thanksgiving.
I got it while it was on sale to use at another time
for a bunch of meals.
Well I've had my fun for this morning
and are going to lay down for a nap.


12:20pm


I took about an hour and a half nap.
Had to put a sweater on I got a little chilled.
During the day I turn our heat to 69 degrees
and at night between 72-73 degrees.
I like to be all warm and snug at night.
I had a guy the other day come to my door
and try to get me to change my gas supplier.
First of all he can't read the sign that says
No Solicitors on the door.
Second of all I'm fine with having Columbia Gas.
My bill at the moment is only $38 and
I'm not on the budget.
I got him to go away by showing him how much
I pay and saying our house is well insulated
and we have a wood burning stove.
Ok, we don't burn any wood but do have a wood stove
and he could obviously see the pipe coming
out of the side of the house.
We can't use the stove because whoever installed
it put it too close to a gas line, duh!
My highest gas bill during the coldest of Winters
here was around $130 and that's only for about
2 months out of the year, February & March.
The rest of the year it stays between $25 and $60
so I'm not complaining.
We have gas heat and water heater.
Stove is electric.
I've had $200 to $300 gas bills at other places for one month!
Now my electric bill can get stupid
topping $150 to $170 during warmer weather
(air condition)
and $100 to $130 during colder weather
(Christmas lights, baking more, everyone being
cooped up inside using more electrical things).
We've been discussing ways of how
we can possibly cut it back.
We are thinking about going back to a regular
fridge with upper freezer rather than using
our side by side one which is larger.
Refrigerators can be electric hogs!


1:30pm


Working on getting the rest of my
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles baked
before I go pick up kids from the bus stop in an hour.
I ended up with 64 cookies, a little over 5 dozen.

I think my next cookies will be made from a cake mix.
I have been getting cake mixes
throughout the year either marked down
after the holidays or in a scratch and dent bin
for a buck or less.  I have 8 cake mixes I can choose from.


1:50pm


We had a 3.5 magnitude earthquake in SE Ohio today.
I didn't feel anything.
Last night hubby woke up and swears he felt the bed
shaking.  I think he was dreaming.


2:55pm


Whelp there goes the body starting to throb.
And I thought I was doing so good today
not taking any ibuprofen, wrong!


I'm still going through things my friend gave me.
Today I went through a bag of misc items.
A bunch of it was vitamins and supplements
since she knows I take them.
3 turkey oven bags,
4 crock pot bags,
2 boxes of 50 count packs Stevia,
100 count packs Sweet N Low,
box of ginger tea,
tin of variety of teas,
Turmeric, Magnesium, Vitamin D3,
Calcium-Magnesium-Zinc-Vitamin D3 all in one,
Excederin, Alleve, Dulcolax, GasX,
Anti-nausea liquid, Centrum vitamin & minerals,
Pepcid AC, Astragalus drops.


---






No comments:

Post a Comment