Monday, October 7, 2013

10-7-13

8:45am


This morning at the bus stop it was 48 degrees outside.
A little chilly for me.
Still no furnace on in the house.
I closed all the windows yesterday evening before bed
and the house stayed around 75 degrees all night
and into today.

I'm still working on laundry.  Have the last loads
in the washer and dryer.
To help with back and body pains I've been keeping
a majority of the clean clothes down there hung up.
I have a large laundry bar hung up with
about half of the clean clothes on it.
Each night I'll go down and bring up everyone
an outfit for the next day.
This saves on my back tremendously!

While the laundry is going I decided to make
some breakfast bars.  I was originally going
to make muffins but wanted something in a different.
I was just throwing whatever I had into these mixes, lol.
I used 2 boxes of oat bran & dates 
Jiffy muffin mix and to stretch it out further
threw in more flour, sugar, vanilla, eggs, milk,
about 4 smashed over ripe bananas, 
peanut butter, nutella, cocoa, mini chocolate chips,
oatmeal and 4 grain Kashi honey wheat puffs cereal.
Most of the ingredients were free or really cheap.
Heck the muffin mixes I got at a discount
grocery store for .25 cents each.
I baked the bars on jelly roll/cookie sheets with sides.
Once baked I'll slice them up into bars
and add a powdered sugar glaze drizzle on top.
Of course I'll package a bunch of them
up for the freezer for some quick breakfasts in the morning.

While those were baking I made up some rice
for some porcupine meatballs I'll be making this evening
for sliders and another meal of spaghetti & meatballs.
I added 1 cup rice, plus the water amount it says on bag of rice and a packet of onion soup mix and boiled til rice was tender.

And while we are at it with making cheap foods,
last night I made a 4 ingredient pizza bake.
In bottom of baking dish add enough spaghetti sauce
to cover it.  I add splenda to my spaghetti sauce
to make it not so bity.
Cut and quarter up 2 cans biscuits and put them
on top of sauce.
Pour remainder of sauce over top of biscuits.
Top with pepperoni which I also cut and quartered
and then some mozzarella cheese, garlic powder,
onion powder, italian seasoning.
Bake about 15 - 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Whew, I think I've accomplished a lot in 2 hours.
Gonna chill for a moment then go lay down and take a nap!


1:00pm



I whipped up some meatballs 
with this one package of 4 hamburgers
and added the rice, 1 egg, 3/4 cup bbq sauce.
a couple tablespoons worcestershire sauce.
I ended up with 36 - 2 Tablespoon sized meatballs.
Not too shabby from 4 hamburger patties!
I placed the meatballs on a cooling rack
that was put on top of a cookie sheet with sides
to catch any grease when baking.
Most recipes call for uncooked rice when making
porcupine meatballs.  I've been that route before
and the rice didn't get done so this time around
I precooked the rice.


3:30pm


I made up 2 dozen bbq & cheese meatball slider sandwiches

and a 1 dozen meatballs for spaghetti.
Out of 1 pound 5.3 ounces of hamburger!!
That's three main dishes for supper!
Well the meatballs aren't exactly a main dish
but the spaghetti is free and a can of sauce is only
.99 cents so it'll go towards a pretty cheap meal.
12 of the meatball sliders will be used for supper tonight.
I'll put them open faced on a cookie sheet with
their cheese slice and bake them a little.
Then will add chopped onion, pickles,
mustard and ketchup.  Probably will serve
with some homemade mac and cheese with
some of the pasta my mom-in-law gave me.

Then lastly for now I glazed 48 breakfast & snack bars
with some powdered sugar, milk, cocoa and corn syrup.
I added a little corn syrup 
so it would harden up the glaze for storage in the freezer.
You don't want to be stacking something like
this and it all stick together.




4:15pm


Starting to throb all over.  Good thing I got
most things done for today.
Feeling like poo poo now.
Been feeling this way on and off for the past week.
I can't feel like this being the mom of the house.
I still have a hair cut to give one of the boys tonight, AHHH!
Energy is draining and I am starting to feel
really tired even after taking a nap today.


5:00pm


While going through my freezer I found a package
of imitation crab meat.  I was going to make
a potato soup but are now thinking about
making a crab chowder.
Sounds good when the weather is chilly like this.
Maybe near the end of the week I'll think
about making this.  Gotta wait for payday to
make another grocery trip to the store.


8:40pm


I had to take me a couple acetaminophin earlier.
Couldn't take the throbbing pain anymore.
I looked like I had ants in my pants moving
all around trying to get comfortable from pain.
Then I took a really hot soaking bath which 
seemed to help some.  It helped the tiredness some
to get through the rest of the evening
especially since I had to cut my one son's hair tonight.
I kept putting it off.


Right now it is 56 degrees outside.
They says it's supposed to get to upper 40's
to lower 50's tonight. 
I kept most windows closed today
and each time I would bake in the oven
I would leave the oven door open when done
to release that heat into the house.
It is 75 degrees in the house.
Not turning on the furnace!!



No comments:

Post a Comment