Saturday, October 5, 2013

10-4-13

7:30am


Each time we go to Kroger I check my points balance.
I haven't been seeing anything show up for last month.
They roll over from one month to the next month.
We use these points to get so much off our gas purchases.
And even the points we've been getting
so far at the beginning of this month isn't making any sense.
One day it's one number the next a lesser number
and we haven't purchased any gas at Turkey Hill recently.
I requested a new card application yesterday
at Kroger because I believe the thieves of my wallet
has had the nerve to go as far as using my gas discount points.

This whole situation with my wallet and thieves
has altered my mood severely lately.
So to try to better me as a person I have deleted a bunch
of stuff I had wrote complaining about life around me
and have now replaced it with what I am thankful for.
-I am thankful to have a roof over our heads,
clothes on our bodies and beds to sleep in each night.
-I am thankful for full bellies and having some food
even though it may not be the greatest.
-I am thankful for our health.  Yes, we do have 
health issues but it could be much worse.
-I am thankful for my husbands job and 
side jobs because some people can't find work.
-I am thankful to have at least enough money
for now to pay the bills each month even though
there isn't much leftover.


4:30pm


Tonight's supper is frozen burrito casserole.
I'm sure recipes out there are different than mine
since I use ingredients at hand and ones that are cheap
and kinda make up my own recipe along the way.

I boiled up 2 cups of rice with water,
a package of lipton's vegetable soup mix
and a teaspoon and a half of taco seasoning.
Once that was done I spread it evenly in a greased casserole dish.

Next I slightly golden browned the now thawed out
beef and bean burritos in a skillet with cooking spray.  
I also had a couple of
leftover homemade burritos that I think I made with chicken
that I threw in the casserole for my one son
who does not like beans.

While the burritos were frying in the skillet
I then emptied a can of cheddar cheese soup,
a can of tomato soup, about 1.5 teaspoons taco seasoning
and about 1/2 cup milk into a bowl and stirred
it all together.
Spoon enough of the soup mix over top of the rice
enough to cover it then place the burritos on top.
Pour remaining soup mix on top over the burritos.
Top with some shredded taco flavored cheese.
Bake 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.


There were 6 frozen burritos in the Kroger Extra Value
bag I purchased plus 3 more burritos I had homemade
in the freezer.  I had enough left over to make another
bagged up freezer meal.  
When making meals I try to double
them to make an extra one for the freezer
when and where I can.  I'm not sure how many I have
total at the moment but I do know we have eaten some of them.
Slowly but surely.
They'll be nice to fall back upon should I get sick
and can't cook meals or if we don't have 
enough money to go to the grocery store.


Tomorrow we're going to Indian Lake to visit 
hubby's parents and brothers who also live up there.
We haven't seen them in about 4 months or so.
Packing the cooler with a picnic lunch
of bologna and cheese sandwiches,
chips (got free with a kroger coupon)
and whatever else I can find in the house to take.
Gotta make it as cheep cheep as possible!










No comments:

Post a Comment