Monday, October 14, 2013

10-14-13

4:00pm


I haven't done much today other than take mom
to the grocery store this morning around 7am.
My legs are still in so much pain along with both knees.
Ibuprofen helps take the edge of but this batch of
ibuprofen we bought seems to take
1 - 1.5 hours before it even kicks in.
What is up with that?!
Believe me, you are watching the clock
when it comes to pain.

Got supper ready to go into the oven soon.
I made meatloaf with a pound of $1.00 sausage from Save-A-Lot
and 2 hamburger patties and will have garlic & herb cheesy fries
to go with it.  I don't have any potatoes to
make mashed potatoes.
I think a 10 pound bag of potatoes at $4.00
is too much.  Guess I'll have to suck it up
and get a bag anyway.  Potatoes go far around
here with making meals.

Tonight I'll stop by Aldi's.
I need a bag of store brand Splenda.
I saw Splenda at Meijers today for around $6.50.
The Meijer brand was $5.89, not much cheaper.
So I'm hoping to get it a little cheaper at Aldi.
I am using it to make tropical punch kool aid
pop for the kids.  I buy store brand 2 liters of
diet mountain dew type pop
and mix it with another homemade sodastream 2 liter
of carbonated tropical punch kool aid to double the amount of pop.
So 3 store bought pops equals 6 bottles of homemade pop
to stretch it out further to save money.


4:30pm


Got supper in the oven.
Was talking to hubby on the phone and said maybe
tonight we'll do a short walk at a park nearby
due to things we need to get done and 
my legs aren't feeling the greatest.
(I still push myself at time to get our exercise in).

Well, I just saw on Facebook channel 10 news that someone
reported a body floating in the same water way
that goes through the park we go to but it is at another
park just South of there.
Things like that freak me out.  With all our exploring,
hiking, walking through woods and along water ways,
I fear running across things like this.
The park where the report was made
was where we went one time and walked through
the woods and along the water and found
a naked man bathing in it.
I was done with that park after that!


---




No comments:

Post a Comment