Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10-15-13

7:30am


We still went to our park last night to go for a walk
without any problems.
Nothing came about with the other park
where a body was reported floating in the water.
I guess the emergency crews searched the 
area high and low and came up empty handed.

We did get to see about 3-4 deer last night at our park.
That's 9-10 deer total seen since Saturday!


8:25am


I got a sweet tooth this morning and decided to make cookies.
Frosted Caramel Apple Pie Cookies.

1 can apple pie filling.
Put into a bowl and chop up the apples into smaller pieces.
Stir in 1/2 cup butter and 1 teaspoon apple pie spice.
Stir in 1 egg and about 1/2 to 1 cup Kraft caramel bits.
(I'm guessing as I just threw the remaining
caramel bits I had in a bag into the mix.)
Dump in package of Betty Crocker
oatmeal cookie mix and 1 cup flour.
Stir everything together.

Place tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto
ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake 350 degrees for about 10 - 12 minutes.

Once baked and cooled I put some powdered sugar
in a sandwich zip baggie, added a squirt of pancake syrup
and a smidgen of milk, zipped it closed and
kneaded it all together with my fingers.
I then snipped a tiny corner off the bag and
squeezed the icing onto the cookies.

I don't know how many this makes at the moment
as I only made 8 of them.
I put the remaining cookie dough in the fridge 
to make later.

Either these are really good or I'm really hungry, lol.
They do taste like an apple pie!


9:15am


Remember last year when we dropped our own
fuel tank to replace a fuel pump on our Chevy truck.
We did all the work ourselves.
The only cost was a fuel pump that was about $140.
Well today hubby's work had to take in a Chevy truck
to have the fuel pump replaced.
It cost them over $1100 to have it done!  WOWZER.
We saved a ton of money doing it ourselves!
$960 for labor is ridiculous!!
Goodyear is ridiculously priced to take your vehicle to!
We need to start offering our automotive repair
services to them at half the cost they are quoted!
Fuel pumps are a pain in the rear to do but
I'd do it for almost $500!!


4:00PM


Working on supper of a lasagna-goulash type dish.
I originally planned to use the twisty type pasta
but cannot find where I put it so resorted to using
shell type past.  I'm hoping this will make
up a couple of batches so I can put one in the freezer.

large bag or two of pasta, boiled & drained,
add a couple tablespoons of butter to keep it from
sticking together.
1 can of pasta sauce.
1 can diced tomatoes with juice.
5 packets splenda type sweetener mixed into sauce.
1 pound ground sausage, fried.
Shredded velveeta style cheese.
(I found a block of white cheese at Save-A-Lot.
$1.00 cheaper than the orange colored cheese)
It's still cheaper to get the Aldi brand Velveeta type cheese
at about $4.00 a block compared to
Save-A-Lot's price of $5.00!
If I wanted to change this recipe up a notch
then I could add in a can of no beans chili (aldi brand)
to make chili mac.

Oh by the way, when I was in Aldi's yesterday
I found that potatoes had come down
to $2.99 for 10 pounds so I got some.
They have been around $4.00.


Some meals don't need to have a whole lotta 
meat in them.  Eating too much meat can be bad for ya,
especially red meat or high fat meat.
I usually drain ground meat high in fat then
rinse with hot water before adding to meals.
You can stretch out a pound of meat in
a couple of casseroles.


Right now my whole body is hurting.
My stomach is hurting and I've been
making more than normal bathroom trips these
last couple of days.
I keep going and going with not much to go on.
People don't understand the amount of pain
I go through, especially the kids.
If it was anyone else they'd be running for the hospital.

I gotta run to Kroger tonight so hopefully
the acetaminophin kicks in before that.
Need some milk and pop for myself.
Some people drink coffee, I drink pop.










No comments:

Post a Comment