Saturday, October 19, 2013

10-19-13

10:20am


I'm struggling really hard to get around.
With all the inflammation it has now
triggered the sciatic nerve in my left
hip and down my leg.
As long as I move slow I can still get some things done.

Right now I got a pound of sausage fried up,
drained and added a little water and
taco seasoning to make taco pie with.
Then I added in a can of drained diced tomatoes
and some velveeta style cheese.
When time for supper I'll bake it to warm it up
and add shredded cheddar taco cheese on top
with lettuce and sour cream.

Next I took my leftover bbq pork ribs and cut
them up, added some carrots, potatoes
and a packet of pork seasoning to them
to make like a beef stew kinda pie but with pork.
I should get 2 pies from this.
Thinking about making up some more pizza dough
to add to the tops like a pot pie.
Then lastly I still need to work on a shepherd's pie
with a meatloaf and veggie type filling
topped with mashed potatoes.
That will probably be later on.



12:00pm



With all this cooking I still have no need to turn
the furnace on. It's staying 70 degrees in here
and it's 46 degrees outside with rain.
Every little bit of money saved around here at
the moment is a big plus plus!


1:30pm



Getting ready to go to the thrift store.
I did an inventory of the boy's Winter clothes
and see I need pants for one son
and sweaters for the other.
Next week they say is gonna get cold
with possible snow flurries so I need to get
these items now.

You can't always go by sizes on clothing.
Me and hubby aren't taking the boys with us
clothes shopping and are going by ourselves.
So to make sure jeans/pants will fit (hopefully),
I put a piece of yarn around my son's waist
and cut it and did the same for the length.
I labeled each string with tape and when
I go shopping for pants I'll use those pieces of
string as a guide.


4:45pm


Time for supper of taco pie.



I spent about $17 on clothes at the thrift store.
I got 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of sports pants,
4 fleece long sleeve shirts.
Everything averaged about $1.99 a piece.

Plus I splurged on a nice and heavy OSU scarf
for $3.99 to put back as a Christmas gift.


4:15pm


Yeah! my Moringa capsules came today.
So ready to give them a try.
I don't expect a miracle or nor do I expect them
to work right away.
Will report with any noticeable changes
over time of taking them.
I'm literally just tired of being in pain!!!



10:15pm


I decided to make up some sweet treats for breakfasts,
cinnamon rolls, GIANT cinnamon rolls, lol!

I'm all about taking shortcuts when and where
I can with cooking.  So I invented these 
quick rolls (minus the amount of time spent in the
bread machine, but hey I didn't have to do the work
of mixing, rising, timing).
I cut the pizza dough in quarters then for each quarter
I stretched it out into a long snake and spiraled
it into a greased pie pan leaving some gaps
between the spirals.
In a zip baggie I added
1/2 cup soft butter, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1.2 cup butter.
Mush it all together with your fingers
then cut a small tip off the corner of the bag
and pipe the cinnamon mix in between
the dough spirals.
Bake 350 degrees 10 minutes.

FYI- don't walk out of the kitchen to stand and watch
tv while stretching out the dough into what looks
like a snake.  Cats don't like snakes and my one
cat flipped out seeing that in my hand and started
hissing and growling at me!  OMG!
It was funny.

Anyways while my cinnamon rolls were baking
I poured powdered sugar, a little milk
and some maple flavoring into another zip
bag and mushed it around with my fingers.
Then snipped off the corner once the 
rolls were baked and oozed it all over the tops of them
and spread with the backside of a spoon.

These very large rolls in each pie pan are not intended
for one person!  I plan to cut them into four's and
serve them that way.
Three of them will go into the freezer for another breakfast.




---

No comments:

Post a Comment