Sunday, October 20, 2013

10-20-13

9:05am


I got to sleep in til 8:30am.  Everyone else was up
so decided to get up and work on breakfast
of sausage gravy and biscuits with
a cinnamon roll on the side.


The temperature got down to 38 degrees last night
and hubby said the temperature in here dropped
to 66 degrees so he turned on the furnace to 72.
I turned it back just a notch to 71 because that's where it
likes to stay at once I start baking and cooking
without turning it on.
Ever since I've been up baking biscuits,
warming up the cinnamon rolls and frying sausage
the furnace has yet to kick back on, HA, lol.
Me and furnace have an agreement to not kick
on unless really needed. lol.

Y'all know why we're getting these cold temps
with a possible freeze and snow in the forecast
this week?
The jet stream is dipping far South out of Canada
due to the Typhoon (Hurricane) that hit Japan.


10:55am


I've been weighing myself these past two weeks
with this Crohn's flare up.  When you go through
a flare up you don't feel like eating much
so as to not disturb your belly any further.
In a week and a half I've lost 8 pounds.
I eat when the moment arises and I feel like eating
not because the clock tells me it's breakfast, lunch or supper time.

Still taking it slow and easy and trying to get things done.
I got the last load of laundry in the washer
and are working on switching out the Winter
clothes with the Summer clothes.
Not having fun with that.
That is a lot of work to go through, get out,
put away and sort through to see what doesn't fit anymore.
I have a large shelf in a room in the basement
that has large totes on it.
Everyone is designated a tote for their
seasonal clothing.
That is a new thing I started this past Summer
when going through the basement cleaning it.
I want to get better organized.

Instead of rewashing everything that's been stored
since Spring, I mean what's the point since it
was washed when stored, I either put a damp towel
in the dryer with a dryer sheet and the dry clothes
for about 5 minutes to freshen up and remove wrinkles.
Or I finely mist each piece of clothing with
a spray bottle and put in the dryer with a dryer sheet
for 5 minutes.


1:00pm


Hubby sure jumped the gun this morning with the
furnace and turning it on.
Ever since I got up and turned it back a couple of degrees
it never came on again and has been holding
a steady 72 degrees.





No comments:

Post a Comment