Wednesday, October 2, 2013

10-2-13

7:45am


Came home from the bus stop and made three 
batches of regular homemade noodles and boiled them.
Yesterday I made 3 more batches of whole wheat noodles.
I plan on making some tuna and noodle casseroles with them.
I have a bunch of regular large bags of stuffing
I didn't know what to do with.  I might
use some stuffing mixed with some melted butter
and maybe some parmesan on top of the tuna noodle casseroles.


What's a pound of egg noodles in stores, about $2.00 maybe.
And that's not the homemade Amish kind.
To make 5 pounds of pasta like above cost me
.07 cents per cup of flour x's 3 cups is .21 cents.
(I buy marked down Kroger flour which is about half price)
.13 cents an egg x's 3 eggs is .39 cents.
So total cost for 5 pounds of homemade egg noodles is .60 cents!!
Now compare that to $10 for 5 pounds of store bought.
And even if you find a cheap bag for a buck
that's still $5 for 5 pounds.
It makes more sense to make your own at
a much cheaper cost.
All you need per batch is 
1 cup flour
1 egg
couple dashes of salt
3 tablespoons water.


Last night me and hubby finally cut up the scrap
metal he got from work.  Hoping to take it 
in to the recycling place tomorrow.


1:55pm


#%(*_(*@#$%_(*!_(*^#\
That my friends is a whole bunch of curse words
rolled up into one!
I just got our credit card statement.
Enough said if you can recall what happened
to me on September 16th at Kroger.
(*@^$(*&!@#!_)$)(*&%^!#$

Can things get any worse around here for me?
This time of year isn't good for us as it is
with money running lower than I would like it to be.
I'm pulling rabbits out of my magical chef hats
trying to figure out what to make for meals
around here and how to get by for the
4 months and trying to figure out 
how to get through the holidays.
Is this a test or something????
I don't like tests!  It stresses me out.
Stress causes Crohn's flare ups.
If I can get through this without one
it will be a miracle!

It just pisses me off that while I'm now paying
into ObamaCare and paying to help out
uninsured poor people, I can barely keep our heads afloat.
And all the while of paying into these people's
health care fund I also seem to be supplying
them with free gas fill ups (2 at over $120), a bob evans lunch,
a Mark Pi's supper, a trip to the grocery store.
As for me, I'm making food from scratch,
I'm lucky to be able to put $20 gas in my truck
and the only time we eat out is if we get a free
fountain or chip coupon from Speedway.
Must be freaking nice to live on the other side
of the tracks.  How can people go around and
knowingly break the law like they do at other people's expense
and it doesn't bother them??!!
It bothers the hell outta me because now
I can't trust very many people.
I'm always looking over my shoulder,
making sure my house and truck are locked
up tighter than fort knox
and carry either a knife or tazer on our outings.
I'm ready to buy some swamp land 
in Florida at this rate!


4:00pm


Well there is a tiny ray of light at the end of this
pretty dark tunnel.
My brother got a deer 9-29 with a bow.
My nephew almost had another one but it got away.
Hunting season is just starting.
So you know what that means...
some food on the table!!
That I am thankful for!!


5:30pm


When it rains it pours.
Hubby's been losing air out of his front tire
and has been airing it up daily as it loses
about 5-15 pounds of air.
We've both checked the tire while on the car
hoping to find a nail we could easily patch with a kit.
Or if it was the bead or a valve stem leaking it
still wouldn't of cost as much as another tire to reseal.
This evening we pulled the tire off thinking
it had to be something on the backside of the tire leaking.
After hosing it down we found the leak
and it's not what we expected at all.
It's not even the tire.  The rim is somewhat
bent and has a crack in it.  More than likely
caused by pothole(s).
I don't know what to do now.
I'm sure to buy a rim, have the tire removed from
the old one and put on the new one
won't be cheap or fit into our budget.
Hubby said something about maybe trying
to put some JB Weld on the crack to see if it would
get us by for now.  It's worth a try.





8:30pm



Got another side job lined up possibly.
Hubby had asked our neighbor why she hadn't
been driving her car and she said because
her daughter drove it and tore the bumper off.
She must not of seen me the day that SHE
drove over that bush and tore it off herself
and it was not her daughter that did it.
We didn't mention about knowing what
really happened.
Anyways hubby told her he could fix
the bumper on her car so she could drive it.


Tonight, for hopefully a temporary fix,
we bought a can of fix-a-flat for hubby's rim/tire.
Of course hubby lent out his tire gauge to another
guy at work last week and he has yet to return it
so we can't see if it's losing air or not.
Guess we'll see in the morning if it looks lower.











No comments:

Post a Comment