Saturday, August 10, 2013

8-9-13

8:05am


My back isn't feeling too swift this morning.
I knew I was going to pay the price for
picking up such heavy boxes yesterday.
Just being stubborn wanting to get things done.

Still have a crap load of laundry to bring upstairs.
Above my washer and dryer I have a long
metal bar to put my hangables on after removing
them from the dryer so they don't wrinkle as much.

I had a small rolling rack before that and now use
it to hang jackets on.  We have too many jackets.
Hubby gets one or two every year from work and
there's a ton of sweat jackets I found this year
that were really nice from Abercrombie,
Hilfiger and American Eagle.
Plenty stocked up on them that's for sure.
Plus I have a lot of sweaters that aren't even
included on this rack.  I get cold easily!
I think I found this rack at a yard sale for a couple dollars.
Had to put it on the shortest length because with
the weight of the jackets it kept sliding down!

Got a cabinet moved into my laundry room yesterday
to store all of our towels in.  I have a ton of those also, lol.
I removed all the shelves and put them on top the cabinet
and put two stacks of towels in there.
I still have 4 more towels in the bathroom
and 3 beach towels hanging outside drying, lol.
The cabinet I got free many years ago from a move out.
Don't ask where the other knob went.
It's been through several moves.



We use towels for everything from spills,
hot car seats, beach & pool, dry the cars off after being washed,
for baths/showers, rugs, picnics, animals, older towels with
holes get cut up into rags for cleaning.
I have a laundry basket under my kitchen
sink that I use to put rags in and we use those instead
of buying paper towels.
The only paper towels we buy are used for windows.

Each day in the basement I try to set a goal.
One of today's goals is to organize this shelf
with school supplies on the upper two shelves
and then put house and spray paints
and whatever car supplies that can't be stored
outside during the Winter like waxes, cleaners, body putty, etc.
on the bottom shelves.
I keep telling hubby
 I would make him a place in the basement
to store his car stuff and are just now getting
around to it.

Then I still want to work on organizing the overflow
of kitchen items and get them all put in the storage room
on shelves.  I don't have a very big kitchen to store
them all upstairs and need more storage for
small appliances, bakeware and things that are
only used for holidays.


9:50am


Got the ac off, well not off but the temperature in here is below what it is set for at 79 degrees.  It's 76 degrees in the house with the fans and windows open.  If while I am working in the basement
and hear the ac kick on then I will go around
and close up all the windows.
For now I'm saving on the electric bill!


2:00pm


I swear I think I'm still trying to snap my back in half.
I went through most of my books, cookbooks,
magazines and cooking magazines and got rid of
over half of them.  I swear I must of owned the entire collection
of Taste of Home and Simple and Delicious magazines!
I still kept my little checkout cookbook magazines
like Pillsbury though.  I have a ton of those little books.
Sending the rest down to mom's to give her something to do.
I tried to put all the books and magazines into smaller
containers but they still are some heavy suckers.
I think I have 3-4 boxes and 2 laundry baskets full
of them going out!!

Then I brought a large tote into my kitchen
and went through stuff that I could store
in the basement to give me more storage space in my kitchen.
I'll end up having 3 bookshelves full
of cooking and baking stuff in the storage room.


6:00pm


I don't know where this energy is coming from
but I'm going full steam ahead captain.
I got my storage room done, 
about 3/4ths of my laundry room done
(didn't get the rest of the laundry brought up, oh well),
got the school supply, paint and autmotive shelf done organized,
got supper done of spaghetti with
leftover bbq pulled pork spaghetti sauce
and garlic bread,
while that was cooking and baking I went through
two of my cupboards,totally cleaned them out, 
got rid of stuff and organized them better.
So much more room now!

10:00pm


Went out to Reynoldsburg to check 
out the old cars.  Mopar Nationals is out at
National Trail this weekend.
From there we headed to Groveport to visit a friend.

Brice Rd.

And this is about how I felt once we got home.










No comments:

Post a Comment