Wednesday, August 14, 2013

8-14-13

8:30am


Made orange rolls for breakfast this morning.
Haven't had those in awhile and it sounded good.
Yummy!

While those were baking I started in on cleaning
one child's room (they fell asleep on the couch so that's how
I am able to start it so early) and removing most toys from it.
Those will go into the basement for now.
When they go back to school I don't want
any distractions at bedtime. 
I've sent them to bed during school nights 
thinking they were asleep
only to find out later on when I checked on them
that they were in there playing with stuff.
Hoping to solve that problem.
Cleaning the room top to bottom,
inside out and upside down!
It's kinda like I'm doing back to school/Fall cleaning around here.
I'm pretty much done working on the basement
for now except for a few things.
Not 100% done but done for this year.
I hauled ass this year with the basement and
got a ton of stuff cleaned out and done down there.
I've been working on it on and off since June.
Now it's time to work on the main part of the house.


I just got the bus schedule yesterday.
I do NOT look forward to 5:30am wake up time again
especially when Winter gets here.
At least everything's the same from the
bus number, bus stop and times.
I haven't had very many naps throughout the Summer
but with those kind of hours starting back up I think I'm going
to slip some in when they go back to school!


11:35am


In the process of lugging a bunch of stuff down
to the basement from different rooms in the main part of the house
to go through at a later date.
I had a couple of totes full of emergency
food and supplies.  I cleaned out one of our coolers
and was able to put all emergency items inside it
including food, card games and a power inverter.
I thought this was a good idea because
this way it helps insulate the things inside
keeping moisture/humidity out, dirt/dust out and bugs out of it.
I'll store this down in my pantry area of the basement.
I think I have about 3-5 days worth of food in 
there for 4 people to eat 3x's a day and snacks.
I also have emergency water stored in bottles.

I filled a second cooler with 8 bags of 
sweet potato and beets chips for emergency food.
This provides 1 serving of vegetable per ounce.
Each bag has 6 ounces.
This alone should be roughly 2.5 days worth
of vegetables for 4 people.
Hey, if you are in an emergency you ain't
gonna be eating steaks and the good stuff.
You need things that are lightweight, easy to carry
and nutritional.



12:45pm


Finally got my one son's room done and
that included wiping down walls, baseboards
and vacuuming.  Still have to put on some
fresh sheets, blankets and make the bed.


1:30pm


Wow it took the kids some time today before
hollering for lunch. Quick fix of some pizza rolls did the trick.
Hopefully that and a handful of multigrain pringles will
hold them over til supper.
Need to start thinking about what to have for supper.
I might do salmon patties with mashed potatoes
and a green bean casserole.
I haven't had salmon patties for so long
and just happened to find a can of salmon
in the mark down bin at Kroger this past Monday.
What's it go for now about $3 to $4 a can?
The can I found was marked down to $1.89
which sounds about right considering
Kroger marks things down half price.


2:45pm


One bedroom down and started on the next child's room.
Started with the closet and that's about as
far as I got.  My back is feeling a little sore
so going to chill for a bit.


---



No comments:

Post a Comment