Monday, August 19, 2013

8-18-13

2:20pm


This morning I got up and made hash for breakfast.
I shredded up some potatoes, fried them
in Italian dressing, added eggs and cut up spam,
then topped with gravy.
While that was cooking I shredded up a bunch
more potatoes, added them to a pot of water with
a little lemon juice so they don't turn brown
and ran very hot water over them.
Once drained I bagged them all up for the freezer.
Then I started cutting up my garden green beans
and green bell peppers for the freezer.

Just got back from the grocery store,
the auto parts store to get oil and a filter
to do an oil change in hubby's car
and the gas station to get some fuel for the lawn mowers.

I've been getting things ready around here for back to
school to hopefully make everyone's life easier.
(and I'm hoping by them going back to school
it will help cut down on the grocery and utility bills, lol)

I got a bunch of breakfasts planned out
for the freezer that just needs warmed in the microwave
or toaster each morning except for cereal.
1.  Waffles
2.  Pancakes
3.  Muffins
4.  Cereal
5.  Egg & cheese sliders
6.  Bagels & cream cheese

There should be enough breakfasts for a month or so.

While in Kroger I also picked up some
multi vitamin and mineral gummies for kids.
Getting the kids started back up with 
their multivitamins and
vitamin C/Zinc/Echinacea supplements.
Was also thinking about a boost of vitamin D also.

No comments:

Post a Comment