Thursday, August 8, 2013

8-8-13

10:15am


Sweating already this morning.
I washed 5 crates and 3-4 extra large totes
to use for storage in the basement.
I filled up a small tote with some water and mr. clean and
dawn dish soap then dunked an old broom in it
to clean off the totes and crates.
Rinsed with hose.
By using the broom it saved my back from
having to bend over and do it with a scrub brush.

I have decided to use the crates on the storage
bookshelves because I can store more
things that way than if items were to set out
on the shelves by themselves plus it
keeps stuff from falling off.


3:40pm


Taking a breather from the basement.
Been doing some heavy lifting and moved
some furniture.  Pretty sure I pulled a muscle
on the left side of my back.  Hurts like heck!

Waiting for some rain to roll through.
I noticed the other day that my one pear tree
was almost bare of pears so I went out
and picked them all before the squirrels
snacked on the rest of them.
I ended up with 9.2 pounds of pears
from my baby pear trees.




4:20pm


It's raining so hard I have a stream of water running
through the basement again.
All gutters are running smoothly and not clogged
they just can't keep up with the rain and are overflowing.
And of course I noticed water once
again dripping onto our breaker box, ughhhh!
We already lost a main breaker once because
of it and I thought I caulked everything outside
really well.  It hadn't leaked for over a year.
Guess it's time to recaulk everything again.
Always something.


No comments:

Post a Comment