Thursday, August 22, 2013

8-21-13

4:00pm


Today went very well with being the first day back to school.
No problems or complaints, whew!

Got supper going.  I'm making potato soup
with the ingredients seen below,
potatoes, mashed potatoes, sausage flavored gravy,
smoked sausage, onion, carrots, celery, green pepper.
I also made up a batch of homemade sugar-free soda.
I'm trying something different by using
a couple packets of wylers/hawaiian punch packets
that are usually gotten 10 for $1.00.

For the potato soup I cut up some potatoes
with the skin on and put into a pot of boiling water.
Once done I'll drain off the water.
In pot add 2 cups milk and packet of gravy mix.
Cook til thickened.
In a food processor add carrots, celery, onion and green pepper
and pulse til everything is combined.
Add to pot of gravy and cook til veggies are done.
Slice and cook smoked sausage in skillet
and add to pot once done.
Stir in potatoes.  Add more milk or water to make more soupy.
If you want a thicker soup add in mashed potatoes.
I also added in some velveeta cheese.

I love soups.  You can make them however you
wish with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
I ground up the veggies so the kids wouldn't take
notice of what all was in there.
This way they are still getting their vitamins
from veggies.  With back to school means
back to bringing home sickies so boosting
their immune system with some added fruits and
veggies when and where possible along
with their vitamin supplements.

Now I don't know how my stomach will react to 
all those veggies.  Crohnie's have to keep a food diary
(I do it mentally) of everything that 
irritates the stomach, intestines or bowels.
Like I know not to eat salads that it will
mess with my system.
The other day I had some fudge and each time
I did my stomach just gurgled and carried on.
I had to ask mom what ingredients she put in it
to try and figure out what my system didn't like.
Now I'm wondering if it's the peanut butter
that was in it that caused it.  I haven't had any peanut
butter in a long time but the rest of the ingredients
I have eaten without problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment