Wednesday, August 7, 2013

8-7-13

10:30am


Starting to feel a little humidity in the air
and are trying to not use the air conditioner 
if we don't have to.  We have plenty of fans going 24-7.

Took the kids swimming last night and they
brought along a friend who lives just down the road.
Plus there was Mr. Know It All who had to 
come out and join us at the pool.
Just one big happy party, huh huh.

Down in my storage room this morning
battling dust bunnies and spiders, oh goody.
Still going through stuff and weeding it out
and trying to get everything labeled and organized.
I cleaned out 4 large totes and put names on each one.
Inside them will be the rotating seasonal clothes.
Like right now they have Fall and Winter clothes in them.
Then once the cold weather arrives then I'll 
put those clothes in the closets and put all the Spring and Summer
clothes in the totes.
I have other totes I have labeled for different holidays.
Not much, I think I only have Easter, Christmas
and some Halloween costumes.
My next set of shelves I'm working on
will be for blankets and bedding items.
Then a couple more shelves will be overflow of kitchen items
like storage containers, pans, appliances, etc.
And while doing all that there's still laundry 
I'm trying to get caught up on.
Still soooo much more things to do down there.
It seems never ending being the only one cleaning
and organizing the entire basement!


12:19pm


Ok, I finally broke down and turned the air conditioner on to 76.
Whew, I could feel the humidity brewing indoors, downstairs
and outside every time I carried up a load to go out there.
And to make sure it just wasn't me sweating my butt
off, I asked the kids if they could feel it also.


2:15pm


Up and down the dang basement steps about 15 times today.
Smaller to medium sized boxes, nothing very large like a tote.
That didn't include carrying up all the hanging laundry!
Still it wears you out!
I went through all of our Christmas stuff and
there was a lot of it!  No need to buy any lights
this year as I have found every light strand and extension
cord that has went missing over the years and then some.
Put a big dent in my laundry room which also
used to house the Christmas stuff under the stairs.
No more as it all got moved to the storage room.
I hated digging around under those steps to get
the Christmas stuff out each year!

9:00pm


Loaded up the truck with crap from the basement
and dumped at hubby's work.
Then stopped by Kroger and then went
to order 3 pizzas.  There's this pizza place
called Cousin Vinny's near Upper Arlington 
that is having a sale each Wednesday til the end of this month
from 4-10pm. 
One topping 14 inch pizzas are only $3.99!!
That beat Little Ceasars and was better than them!
Would I do it again, maybe if I ordered earlier in the day
not around 7-8:00!  Oh my goodness the parking lot
was packed and a line out the door.
It was carry out only.
Don't call your order in.  I noticed too many
people had called their orders in and when they
got there to pick them up they had no record
of their orders on the computer and no pizza
was ready for them!
Took 45 minutes to get our pizzas.
For $11.97 I was able to feed a family of 4
 supper and lunch the next day with a fast food.
Not too shabby for a treat.






No comments:

Post a Comment