Thursday, February 27, 2014

2-27-14

12:45pm


Still feeling the same with my cough and cold,
maybe a hint better.
I've been taking my medicines and have to use
my inhaler 2-3 times a day.
I'm sure it will take a couple of days for the
antibiotic to start working and kicking in.
So glad I checked out the paperwork that
came with my prescriptions to realize
that they only filled a partial on my antibiotics.
I got 10 out of 14 pills and have to go back
to get the rest.  It sure would have been nice
if the pharmacist would have told me this
when I got my prescriptions because I could
have easily overlooked it!!

The whole house is sick with colds, coughs
and runny noses.  
I've got both kids home today from school.
They are both in their rooms and in bed.
That's the rule around here when you don't feel
good and miss school.  You stay in bed during the day.
The kids tell me many other kids at school
have been sick also.
I sure wish some warmer weather would hurry
up and get here but I see that won't be for awhile.

I've been working on tidying up the house some,
got laundry going to get an early start on it
before this weekend, supper laid out thawing and
cookies baking in the oven.

For supper I'm making breaded & baked pork chops
with a side of onion rings and macaroni & cheese.
Dessert is cookies.  I made them from 
a packet of oatmeal cookie mix and
mixed in some chocolate chips.

Tonight I'm gonna have to run to Kroger.
I'm out of Ibuprofen.  I really need this so
I can sleep at night with all my body pains
from coughing.  And we only have a couple more
Mucinex tablets.  We didn't have much to begin with.
Plus tonight we have some scrap metal to cut up
to get ready for Saturday morning to cash in.

I got a letter from Mount Carmel today saying
I qualified for financial assistance.
It says I won't be responsible for any hospital charges.
What charges I am responsible for I am unsure.
I'm sure I'll owe my GI doctor for his visits.
And then I noticed in this letter it only stated
my hospital stay for December.
So another headache to try and get them
to also go back for my stay in October/November.
Then lastly at the bottom of the letter
it says my financial assistance is good until 6/13/14.
I guess that means if I go back to the hospital
for more problems that I'm covered.
Anytime after that date I have to reapply.

No comments:

Post a Comment