Saturday, March 1, 2014

2-28-14

7:15am


Last night we got scrap metal cut up to take
in Saturday morning.  Every little bit helps.

Hubby's been finding things at work for me :0)
Yesterday he found me a 3.4 ounce brand new bottle
costs $75 new.
Then he gave me an Anne Klein silk scarf brand new
with tag also from Macys
cost $48 new.
And lastly a necklace and 2 bracelets he found.
He said Happy Valentine's Day!

Stopped in Kroger for a few things
like ibuprofen and mucinex.
Everyone is still dealing with sickies around here.
Mainly coughing, congestion and runny noses.

We found Pillsbury and Nestle Toll House
Valentine ready to bake cookie dough for .75 cents.
I think we got 6 of them to put in the freezer for a quick snack.
And the last mark down I found was a couple
packages of pork cube steaks.
2 pack $2.03
2 pack $1.36

Working on a menu for next week.

SUPPERS

5.  Sunrise Cassserole (made with turkey links)
6.  Pork Cube Steaks with tomato gravy,
mashed potatoes and carrots.
7.  Baked chicken legs coated with corn flake crumbs,
sides- macaroni & cheese & corn.

WEEKEND LUNCHES

1. Hamburgers
2.  Hot Dogs
3.  Bacon, Hashbrowns, Eggs, Toast (brunch)

BREAKFASTS

Cereal
Bagels with cream cheese
Sausage, egg & cheese sandwich

SNACKS / DESSERTS

Sugar cookies
Carrots with ranch dressing
Celery with peanut butter
Clementines 

"IF" we have snow day school cancellations-
Pizza Rolls for lunches.


We have a Winter Storm Watch
from late Saturday night through Monday afternoon
with predictions of 6 to 11 inches of snow
with a mix of ice
YUCK YUCK and more YUCK!


3:05pm


Laid down and took a nap earlier then got up
and took my medicine.  Now I feel really tired again.
My one medicine says it can cause drowsiness.
Been getting headaches on the top of my head.
Don't know if this is from all the coughing.
Been taking ibuprofen for that which sometimes works
and sometimes doesn't.


3:45pm


Fighting the sleepiness I have.
The grandma of the kid I take to and from the bus stop
called to gab for a moment.
I told her I saw a heating and cooling truck
in her driveway today when dropping her grandson off.
I let her know my husband knows how to work
on furnaces, air conditioners and other things
around the house from pipes, drains, appliances
and whatever because he's a maintenance man.
I told her he does side work for others 
and charges much much cheaper than calling a repairman out.
I know just to have them come out
costs a pretty penny before they even work on something.
She said it cost $125 for the service call alone.
Just trying to brew up some side work for the future :0)
We'd be there a lot faster than calling an actual company.






No comments:

Post a Comment