Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2-18-14

5:50am


Well this is not what you want to see on the news
when first waking up...
That's at hubby's work!
Hubby had just talked to the guy on call
last night before going to bed and he
was saying he was having a rough night.
Well it looks like it just got a little rougher.
I just woke up hubby and told him what I found out.
I'm not allowed to give anymore information
other than what is posted on the news.
They just showed the backside of the apartment
building on the news and it looks bad.
Thank God no one was hurt and everyone got out.
Just gives you a sick feeling in your stomach.
I have lost count over the years with
the number of apartment fires we've had to deal with.



1:20pm


I got all the meat I bought yesterday vacuum sealed and
ready for the freezer.  The fish was already frozen
but the chicken was not.
I can get at least 8 meals if not more
If I make casseroles from the chicken for only $13.88.


Ready for Winter now that it's almost over with lol.
Working on getting a temporary tag and such
today.  Hubby's not been having luck because
the computers have been down at the BMV.



2:25pm


This annoys me to no end, GRRRR!
Constantly parking on the street at the end of our driveway
making it really difficult to back a long Suburban out.
Our driveway is behind the pompass grass.
See that garage of theirs?  Why can't they park there instead.
I had to have my rant for the day.



7:50pm


Just got done vacuume sealing up 7 more bags
of chicken.  Had to go to Meijers tonight to get some
more gummy multi vitamins and 
gummy vitamin C, Zinc & Echinacea.
I'm out of the second one and really need it at the moment.
Hubby is getting his bosses cold
and I started him on them as soon as we got home.
While there we checked out their meat section
and found some marked down chicken thighs
and chicken drumsticks.
3.81 pound legs was $6.36 marked down to $3.02 ($1.26lb)
3.79 pound legs was $6.34 marked down to $3.00 ($1.26lb)
5.42 pound thighs was $6.45 marked down to $5.15 ($1.05lb)


Each year I learn new things with the struggles we go through
and try to fix some of the problems from the following year.
This year when I find family packs of meat
at $1.50 or less a pound I plan on stocking my
freezer with them.  If I plan ahead now I can have
a whole freezer full of meat.
Meat is the most expensive part of the meal.
I'll buy when I have the extra money to do so
then at the end of the year when we run short on money
I know I will have meat for meals.
Buying food for side dishes is much more affordable
during hard times than purchasing meat.

So far I have spent $25.05 on meats
and will have at least 15 meals from them.
Like I said before if I make casseroles with them
I can get more than one meal out of them.






No comments:

Post a Comment