Monday, February 17, 2014

2-17-14

11:15am


So today and tomorrow we could have snow
and a wintry mix of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow.
Some counties North of I-70 will be under
a Winter Weather Advisory at 1:00pm today.
Then by Thursday it could warm up into
the mid to upper 50's with thunderstorms.
Don't like Ohio weather, stick around 5 minutes it will change!
Snow and thunderstorms all in a week.

Well I think I'm going to go bake a cake,
got a sweet tooth, and finish up laundry.
Funfetti cake mix .50 cents
Tub of peppermint white frosting .49 cents
3 eggs .69 cents
Oil- free
TOTAL COST TO MAKE $1.68


12:57pm


Hubby called everywhere around Columbus
looking for a rim for his car.  The only place that has one
is out on E. Main St.  at Wirthman Brothers.
Hubby has to take off work an hour
and a half early so we can be out there before it closes.
So there's 1.5 hours of his time docked so there's $25.
Then the freaking rim costs $100 for a used one!
And then the cost to remove the tire off the old
rim and put it on this newer one.
So by the time we get his rim, tire and tie rod fixed it will
have cost I'm guessing $162.  I got a headache now.
And this is all thanks to the lovely potholes Columbus has!!
And here I was thinking about and looking to possibly
getting a new computerized sewing machine.
LMAO.  That will be put on the back, back burner.
Waaay back burner.  To just about forget I thought about it burner.
Gotta take care of the more important things first
like this and getting tax, title, tags for the pickup, 
hubby's license renewal, and handicap plaque renewal paid for.


7:30pm


Had to run to Kroger to get pop and bread.
It's raining & freezing rain out along
with some flooding in the roadways
from melting snow piles.
Anyways when I'm in the store for one thing or another
I'm always looking around for deals.
I have been on the hunt for meat deals
to start stocking our freezer back up.
Today I found a 10 pound bag of chicken leg quarters
for $6.00 and some change.
Then I ran across some large bags of Swai fish.
Never heard of it before.
I've been wanting fish for awhile but it is so expensive.
I just looked it up and seen some say it
is a river catfish.
I bought a bottle of Italian dressing to marinade it in.
At .99 cents a pound-
One bag was 3.55 pounds for $3.51
and another bag was 3.45 pounds for $3.42.
At these prices I can learn to like whatever fish this is!!




---

No comments:

Post a Comment