Monday, February 3, 2014

2-3-14

8:35am


We are under a Winter Storm Watch
for Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon.
They are predicting possibly 5-10 inches of snow
with winds.  Oh goody, it seems never ending.
Then they say after this storm the next one
will bring Arctic cold temperatures.
So ready for Spring to arrive!!

Yesterday while finishing up laundry I noticed
a pile of clothing in a corner I had accumulated that was in 
a throw out or donate pile because it was too small
or had holes.  I gathered up some jeans from that pile
and started cutting squares from them to 
some day make a jean quilt.
I did a pair last night and another this morning.

I think for supper tonight I'll make scalloped potatoes
with cream of mushroom soup, cheese and ham.
I had some leftover potatoes in a bag that started getting
eyes on them.  I cut off any eyes and boiled them all up
and put them in the fridge.
I'll start slicing them up later this afternoon.


3:50pm


Got my scalloped potatoes put together and ready to
go into the oven.

5-6 potatoes sliced (already boiled ahead of time)
Arrange in the bottom of a casserole dish
that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
2 cups diced ham sprinkled over top of potatoes.
whisk together-
1 can cream of mushroom soup,
1 can of milk (use soup can)
onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper & season salt.
Pour over top of ham & potatoes.
Thinly slice up some velveeta style cheese
and lay on top.
Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.


I am so stressed out.  I just did my bills for this month.
Trying to stretch a penny as far as it will go
and it ain't going very far.
It has hurt us that hubby's bonus was not on his check!!!
It could be another 2 weeks before we see it
and another 11 days before we get our tax return.
I am just plum wore out from crunching numbers too much
just to get by another 2 weeks.
It hasn't been easy that's for sure.

You know what pisses me off?
I have little money for groceries
and had bought a 5 pound bag of potatoes for $2.00 at Kroger.
Now I see a couple days later in their
sale ad that they have 10 pound bags of potatoes for $2.00.
I have already opened the bag so I can't take them back.
The littlest of things you worry about
when you are broke.
FYI we have disregarded even thinking about
buying the Ford F150.
Don't have the money and don't know when we'll get some.
If it's still there when we do then it was meant
to be is the way I look at it.
I figure if God wants us to have something he
will allow it to happen.
If not it was not meant for us and for someone else.
Got to stay positive during times like these
and not let some things bring you down.


4:00pm


We have now been issued a Winter Storm Warning
starting tomorrow at 8:00pm.
Still looking at possible snow falls of 6-8 inches
with possible 10 inches in some areas.


4:30pm


Got supper going in the oven.
I figured since I had the oven on doing scalloped
potatoes why not also use the oven to make 
some muffins for a cheap breakfast.

1 box gluten-free muffin mix (free from freebie box at yard sale)
2 eggs (.30 cents)
6 T. butter (free)
1 cup milk (.17 cents)
vanilla extract (free)
1 cup chocolate chips (.29 cents)

TOTAL COST .76 cents for 3 dozen minis.


7:30pm


My medicine did not come in the mail today :0(




No comments:

Post a Comment