Monday, February 3, 2014

2-2-14

10:35am


Got the last of my laundry in the washer.
I only had three loads to do this week.
I have a super capacity washer and dryer so
it holds more than your average machines.
Thank goodness because I don't have much detergent.

I have been working more on my meals menu for
the next two weeks because I picked up a few more
items last night that wasn't originally on my grocery list
but was marked down at a good price.

1.  Meatloaf with tater tots
2.  Breaded pork chops with corn & garlic fries
3.  2 homemade pepperoni pizzas
4.  Breakfast casserole (sausage, potatoes, eggs & cheese)
5.  Spaghetti pizza casserole with garlic bread
6.  Smoked sausage with bell peppers & spaghetti sauce over rice
7.  Cheddar spiral pasta with ham
8.  Baked bean chili with shredded cheese
served with corn bread.
9.  Fried potatoes with smoked sausage rounds
10.  Scalloped potatoes & ham
11.  Baked potatoes with butter, french onion dip and bacon
12.  Spaghetti with broccoli and butter garlic
served with pork chops and garlic bread


4:00pm


We left around 1:15pm to go out to Milford, OH
to check out a pickup truck and got home not long ago.
It's owned by a subcontractor from Tony's work.
It was pretty much out in BFE, farm fields and flat
land everywhere.  When you pass a fork lift tractor
driving on the roadway hauling a cow in it's forks
you know you're not in Columbus anymore, LOL!
I had to do a double take on that one.
Anyways we drive all the way out there and
find out the truck is a stick shift.
Me and Tony both can drive a stick shift
it's just that with Tony's nerve damaged feet
he really can't drive one anymore without his feet hurting.
Didn't stay and had left and went to a carry out
in town right up the road.
That's when I got the idea to go back
and look further at the truck and take it for a
test drive.  I thought maybe I can have the pickup truck
and give my Suburban to Tony.
The price is cheap enough.  I thought it was $600
but the guy was saying $800.  He said if we bought
it today we could have it for $700.
(that to me says he'd probably take $700 any day
if you flash some cash in front of him)
I just told him I'd take some photos of it
and go home and think about it.
What he doesn't know is that we don't have any money
for it at the moment.  But we do know he has had it
for sale for awhile.  It's in a very small town out in
the middle of nowhere, there's no for sale sign on it
and it's not listed on Craigslist.
I'm hoping to have some money in the near future.
Even if I had money on the spot I never like
to buy something right then and there.
I like to be able to go home and research it some.
The truck had one major flaw even though
it ran and drove well for me.
When I turned on the heat there was what smelled like exhaust fumes coming through the vent.  
We've owned vehicles like this before.
It could be-
defective manifold studs ($20.00),
doughnut gasket (less than $5.00),
manifold gasket ($7.99),
manifold could have cracks in it ($70 to $100),
along with a few other things.
Is it something I want to mess with and try to fix?
Sitting on the fence at the moment and have to sleep on it
or wait til I get some money if I decided to get it.
It's an Eddie Bauer Ford F150,
inline 6 motor, 5 speed stick shift.
I hate car buying or selling!!  The thought of it just stresses me out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment