Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2-26-14

11:45am


Earlier this morning I put 3 chicken leg quarters
in the crock pot and they are done now and cooling.
I'll debone them and remove the skin
and use the meat for a chicken & stuffing casserole.
For dessert/snack I found a package of 
a dozen frosted sugar cookies at Walgreens marked down
75% off to .74 cents in the Valentine area.

Hubby just called and said he found about 15 cans
of food today.  I love when he finds stuff at work.
About a month ago I found an almost new pots
and pans set with glass lids and yesterday
I boxed it all up and gave it to mom
for her birthday.  There was 2 skillets,
2 sauce pans (not shown) and a large pot.

Plus instead of cake I gave her 1 blueberry pie
and 1 cherry pie I found marked down at
Kroger for .99 cents each.
I kept the other 2 blueberry pies and put them in the freezer.
Ya just never know when you'll have a
potluck, some other event or holiday come up
and need something to take at the last minute.
Because the last minute is usually when
hubby tells me he needs something for work.


4:00pm


Got supper ready for the oven.
How to make Chicken & Stuffing Casserole....

Cut up chicken and place it in the bottom of a casserole dish.

Spread 2 cans of cream soups on top of chicken.
I used cream of chicken and cream of celery.

Sprinkle 2 boxes of dry stuffing mix on top of cream soups.
Then pour about 1 - 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth over top.
I used the broth that was in the crock pot leftover
from making the chicken.
Once the broth was almost cooled I threw in a bunch
of ice cubes to harden and remove the fat
from the top.  It cause the broth to gel some
if you wonder what's on top.
Then pour about 1/3rd cup of melted butter on top.
Bake 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
You could also sprinkle some shredded cheese on top
once it's baked.

Chicken $2.25
(I used 3 chicken leg quarters from a 10 pound bag
of FMV Kroger brand that was .68 cents a pound)
2 boxes stuffing $1.00
2 cans cream soup $2.00
butter .25 cents

TOTAL COST TO MAKE $5.50
.91 cents a serving.
This should make enough for supper for 4
and 2 lunches.


---





No comments:

Post a Comment