Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2-25-14

8:30am


Supper is in the crock pot.
I sliced up a package of polish sausage
and put them in the crock.

Next I cut up some bell peppers and dumped
in a jar and a half of mild chunky salsa
and a can of tomato soup.

You could also add a can of pineapple tidbits
but I didn't have any so added about a tablespoon
or so of Splenda to sweeten it some to take
the bitiness out of the tomatoes.

I'll let this cook on low most of the day.
This evening I serve it over white rice.


----


I got an order for another diaper cake
so my mind has been coming up with some ideas for it.
It's needed by March 22nd and don't know
the sex of the baby.
The colors are turquoise and gray
and the diapers are cloth instead of disposable.
Hmmm, Spring is March 20th and
everyone is soo tired of Winter and 
I thought maybe a diaper basket "cake"
would be cheerful with something like flowers, spring time animals
like bunnies, ducks, butterflies and dragonflies
made out of washcloths and/or baby socks.
These are things I think of during Spring
along with the Easter holiday which is April 20th.
Just some ideas popping into my head.
I would think right now would be a good time to find
some deals on Easter items such as a basket,
grass or Spring time items to make it.




3:15pm


I see they are now calling for a snowstorm
with a weeble wobble affect.
Ya know one of those storms where we are always
on the border of either getting a bunch
of snow or getting some snow with freezing rain and sleet.
It's still almost a week away starting Sunday.
Winter, Winter go away come again ano....NEVER!!


3:30pm


I think tomorrow I'll have mom take me to 
I've had a terrible cough with wheezing and phlegm
to the point by ribs and left hip hurts
and I have to use my inhaler and prop my head
to sleep at night just to breathe easier.
I'm thinking I might have bronchitis.


7:45pm


Back from Walgreens Minute Clinic.
I had hubby take me tonight instead of waiting til tomorrow.
I think we were there a couple of hours.
The wait wasn't very long after arriving
maybe 5 or so minutes.
The nurse said I was in bad shape and that
if I got any worse I needed to go to the ER.
I thought for sure I had bronchitis but I guess
with bronchitis you run a low grade fever which
I did not have.  The nurse told me I was
having an asthma attack.
Just something else to add to the list of
failing things going on with my body
from Crohn's Disease, Colitis, C-Diff
and now this all in the past couple of months.
Yes I have asthma but it's been years since
I've had a problem with it or even had
a breathing treatment.  I might of had
one when I got pneumonia.
Tonight the nurse got out the nebulizer and hooked
me up with some medicine which I know from
past experience makes you light headed and very shaky
for awhile after getting the breathing treatment.
The nurse checked my lungs afterwards
and said I still had a lot of wheezing.
She was worried about my oxygen levels
but they checked out ok when she checked them.
That's when she said if it got any worse
with my symptoms I would have to go to the ER.
I don't want to have to go to the ER.
Hospitals lately like to keep me for one reason or 
another and I'm not ready to go back for a visit anytime soon.
I got 3 out of 4 prescriptions.
The one I did not get was a cough syrup.
The other three were-
Clarithromycin (antibiotic), 
Benzonatate (liquid pill for sever coughing),
Alubuterol (inhaler)

I worry about taking any antibiotics after having
C-Diff!  I told the nurse I had it a couple of months
ago.  You can get C-Diff by having too many antibiotics
in your body that kills off the good bacteria.
That's when the bad bacteria can take over 
and you can end up with C-Diff.
Time to take some probiotics.
I've read to take probiotics during or after taking
antibiotics to help replenish the good bacteria.
I was taking probiotics with the antibiotics
that the hospital had me taking once I returned home.
My choice, not something they told me to do.

I think I'm gonna head to bed soon.
My body is hurting pretty good from all the coughing.
The heating pad is calling my name tonight!
I'm ready for Summer!
I'm so tired of being sick!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment