Friday, February 7, 2014

2-7-14

7:10am


Yet another day of no school for Columbus City Schools
due to unplowed side streets and unshoveled sidewalks.
This makes day 3 of no school.
And I think we are now 2 days over the 
allowed calamity days.

The temperature outside is -1 degrees.
The wind chill is between -10 to -15 degrees.
Brrrr!  

Well I have another day to figure out what to make
for lunches for the boys.  
Thank goodness I have enough spaghetti leftover
from supper last night to give them for lunch.
Hubby didn't need a lunch today because
his boss is buying pizza for them.
You don't think about stuff like this until you
are broke then the littlest things affect you.
I had carefully planned out all meals to make it
from one paycheck to the next.
Did I expect 3 days of school closing back to back...no.
The last time they had this many days off in a row
we had a wind storm and no power for 3-7+ days.
Gotta be able to hobble along for another week
til payday.  They say hubby's bonus will now
be on next week's check.

I got a letter from hubby's work about
his income verification to send to the hospital.
It had been corrected from where they made
a mistake on it about his hourly pay.
This has been such a pain in the rear.
And it gets better.
Hubby gave his boss the letter I received in the mail
from the hospital to show them what he needed and why.
Well, his work lost that letter and never returned
it back to me.  AHHH it's never ending.
That letter had all the information on it about
my hospital account.


3:30pm


So I decided to clean off the fridge top to bottom.
I had so many boxes of plastic wrap, aluminum foil,
parchment paper and boxes of assorted bags on top.
I find all this stuff in vacated apartments.
I put them all in my pantry closet.
It looks like I have a brand new fridge now after wiping
all the dust and gunk off the top and sides of it.
Then....I decided to clean the grill on the bottom front
of the fridge.  I thought, I'll just take it off and wash it 
in the sink.  Ha ha not so simple.  I took a glance underneath
the fridge after removing it to look at the coils.
They have never been cleaned since we got the 
fridge a couple years back.
Oh my goodness, dust bunny convention on steroids under there!!
So I'm laying on my side on the floor with a sweeper nozzle in
one hand, a dryer vent cleaner in the other
and moving a flashlight laying on the floor around with my chin.
After about an hour I finally got them cleaned.
The fridge should run a little better now
hoping it will save a little on the electric bill.
You should once a year clean your fridge coils
especially if you have furry animals!
My cat's food bowls are by the fridge and I think
all their hair was sucked up underneath there!


---


No comments:

Post a Comment