Sunday, February 23, 2014

2-23-14

10:00am


I've been fighting a cold and cough the last couple of days.
My ribs and back hurt now from coughing so much.
Been taking Kroger brand Mucinex.
It seems to help clear any mucous up.
I'm not blowing my nose anymore thank goodness
because I think it would just fall off.
But there is still some congestion causing the cough.
I started taking the Mucinex yesterday which
was only one tablet that cleared up my nose.
Took another one this morning hoping it will
now work on the congestion.

Even with sickies we've still been running around.
I guess it's better than laying around feeling miserable.
And when old man winter throws in some
50-60 degree days in February after having
a crap load of snow, you don't sit inside!

Well let's see, yesterday morning we went to the South
end of Columbus to pick up the boy's friend again
to spend the night.  Then we stopped by in Groveport
to see hubby's friend.  Then from there we toured the back
roads to go to Reynoldsburg Kmart to
get some tennis shoes.
Came back home for a bit.
The boys played outside and then everyone came
to tell me they found a rabbit stuck in chain link fence.
Me and a neighbor on our street got him out with
some wire cutters.  The rabbit managed to get his head
and front legs through the fence but his butt and
back legs were too big and got caught up hanging there.
He was crying and wailing.  Don't ever think rabbits
don't make noise because they can when injured or trapped.
How the neighborhood stray cats didn't get to him
I will never know.
 At about 3:30pm
we took the boys to a skate park in Westerville.
While the boys skated, scootered and biked
me and hubby walked a little nature trail.
I'm so out of shape when a little nature trail
makes my body hurt!
Winter sucks.  Last year we were walking natural
trails and hiking every day without problems.
Had to run back over to Kroger yesterday evening because
I hadn't planned on feeding an extra mouth this weekend.
Picked up a 90 count bag of pizza rolls for supper.

Now I have brunch in the oven.
I made up 1 1/2 casserole dishes of scalloped potatoes
with sausage & gravy mixed in and shredded cheddar jack cheese.
I then topped it with more cheese and a fried egg
when I served it along with a side of toast.
I call it Barnyard Buster Breakfast Casserole.
It made 6 servings.
One serving will go towards hubby's lunch tomorrow.

I'm chilling for the moment because my lower back
and ribs are hurting to no end.
With this chest congestion I've had to
resort to using my inhaler at times mostly at
night when I lay down.

Hubby went out and got my passenger door handle
replaced on my truck.
I think I've gone about 6 or so months without
one since mom broke it off when we went yard saling.

No comments:

Post a Comment