Sunday, February 16, 2014

2-15-14

8:30 - 1:30pm


We have been running for 5 hours.
Glad to be out of the truck!!  LOL.
Went down to the South end junk yard by Obetz.
Yeah you heard me right, the junk yard.
The place that has a ton of junker vehicles all covered
in snow and out in the cold!
I couldn't tell one vehicle to the next to even
try and find a specific car!
Was looking for a tire and rim for hubby's car.
He's been running around on a doughnut because
his rim got bent then the tire went flat
all due to these darn potholes!!
No luck with finding a rim.

Then went through Reese to see if a pickup truck was
still for sale.  It was gone.
Stopped in the South end of Columbus 
near the flea market to pick
up one of the boy's friends to spend the night.
Then stopped by the house to pick up the
youngest son and we took both boys over to
a Hilliard BMX store.  Then from there went
to Upper Arlington to hubby's work.
There was a move out and I found a couple things
they threw away, a clothing steamer, a wooden magazine
rack and a couple other things.
Stopped by Little Ceasers on the way home
because I don't have much food in the house
to feed 3 boys and us.

I am so tired.  My carpal tunnel started acting
up and in the middle of the night the pain in both
hands start acting up keeping me awake.
I've taken ibuprofen and tylenol.
It helps just a little but my hands keep falling asleep
and feel swelled up.
I don't know if sewing is causing it or if it's
a few white knuckle rides in the truck from
gripping the steering wheel too hard when
we had a few good snows and slippery roads.


5:15pm


Just got back from Kroger.
Don't even have a menu planned for the week
so it was interesting walking through the store
trying to figure out some meals.
Our grand total was $66.14.
With coupons, including the $25 off $50 food purchase coupon,
our total we paid was $38.78.
I think the best mark down I found was
bags of mini carrots for .50 cents each.
I bought 6 bags.  4 bags will be for the kids snacks
and 2 bags will go with a deer roast, potatoes & gravy.


We have been looking all over Craigslist
(everything is either gone or no one responds back
to emails or phone calls),
sides of the road and car lots for a vehicle.
I'm tired of looking!  We decided to go back to
the first one we looked at, the 96? Ford F150.
We agreed upon $750 for it and the guy will
have it towed to our house through his AAA he has.
We preferred to have it towed due to no tags
or insurance on it at the moment.
It's too far out to drive home and risk it.
It's out past Plain City.
Sooooo,
tomorrow we drive out to BFE past Plain City
and go pay the guy for the truck
so he can have it towed to our house.
Monday him and hubby will go by the BMV
by their work to have the title done.
I will be glad when this weekend is over with
because I feel like I will have toured Central Ohio
with all the driving we will have done!

I'm just giddy to have found a truck for half the
price I was willing to spend.  That means
$750 can go back into the bank and be used
for other things or hospital bills.
I know it's an old truck and not the prettiest.
I actually prefer some of the older vehicles to the
newer ones because we can work on them ourselves.
That alone saves us tons of money!



No comments:

Post a Comment