Monday, April 28, 2014

4-28-14

7:30am


It felt good to get a little bit of sleep last night.
I did wake up a couple of times throughout the night
but that's probably because my brain didn't shut down lol.
Constant thoughts going through my head
and worrying that darn pager would go off.
Our last page out last night was from 7:30 to 9:30pm.
That's when we took the truck to hubby's work
to get the wingback chairs while out on call.
They are still in the truck.

We didn't get much done around the house
in the way of cleaning this weekend.
We did get the yard mowed and weed whipped.
I got some laundry done.  Enough to get us by
for the next couple of days.

So I'm thinking today is my day off, woo hoo.
That's what I call Mondays after spending the
weekend with family and doing chores
and all the running around we have to do.
Stay at home moms and housewives need
a day off too because we work 24-7-365.
Need time to rest up for the upcoming week.
Well that isn't quite working out for me this morning.
Mom just called and me and her are going to church
to make sandwiches and food for homeless people.
My step-dad couldn't go because he has a cold
and doesn't want to work around food so I got
called in to take his place.
No rest for the weary because I'm constantly trying
to do things for others.  I help when and where I can
no matter how tired I am.


11:00am


Went over to the church and once we had a system going
we were able to make about 400 sandwiches in about 
20 minutes.  That's 20 sandwiches a minute!
I was kickin' butt!  LOL.
Got plenty of experience from being a mom,
working in a daycare for 6 years and
a couple of years there I was the cook.
Then another job I had was making
vending machine sandwiches.

I tried to come back home and lay down and take a 
nap after this weekend.  That didn't happen.
I got as far as laying down and that must of triggered
a sensor somewhere for people to start calling me.
I don't think the phone has stopped ringing lol.
I just got back up and started supper
of bbq pork ribs in the crock.
Now I'm sitting here chilling.



No comments:

Post a Comment