Friday, April 4, 2014

4-3-14

1:45pm


What a yucky rain day.
I guess it's better than snow so I shouldn't complain huh.
I do like the sounds of thunder here and there
because I find thunderstorms relaxing.

I've had supper in the crock most of the day.
1 large deer roast FREE
2 bags of mini carrots $2.00
1 carton beef broth $1.00
1 package mushroom gravy FREE
seasoning FREE
flour for gravy FREE

Later on right before supper I'll cut up and boil
some potatoes $1.00

TOTAL COST $4.00
I figure this can make 2 meals due to the size of the roast.
So let's say 8 servings at the least
at .50 cents a serving.

Maybe tomorrow for supper I'll make
leftover roast cut up with gravy and homemade noodles
over leftover mashed potatoes.

9:00pm


Tonight we went to the thrift store for something to do.
I'm needing shorts for my one son who
wants to start wearing them to school now.
He's outgrown most of his shorts from last year.
I also bought a book called
I've checked this book out of the library several
times and now I have my own :0)
It's a recipe book about turning cake mixes
into desserts that look and taste like
you made it from scratch.
I love cook books like this!


Well I'm hoping our friend will be able to
come home from the hospital tomorrow.
He says the doctors told him he has a bleeding ulcer.
He ended up losing 2 pints of blood from it
and that was the reason for the blood transfusion.









No comments:

Post a Comment