Sunday, April 27, 2014

4-27-14

8:15am


Yaaawwwnnn!
Hubby is on call this week at work.
The week days went pretty good but the weekend sucks.
Yesterday I figured we got 9-10 hours of overtime.
This morning so far another 2 hours.
It sucks because the residents will call you at any
and all hours of the day or night.
Yesterday the pages started at 5:30am for a
water tank flooding an apartment and the pages didn't
let up til around 11:00pm.
We just get to bed and pass out around midnight.
Then at 3:00am the pager goes off.  Ahhhh!
Some guy is complaining that there is loud noises
coming from the apartment above.
We say call the police for a disturbance don't call us!
Then 6:00am rolls around this morning and
the pager goes off again.  No electric in a couple of buildings.
Go out on the call and the power company is already
there addressing the problem thank goodness.
It's not been fun and I go out on every call on the weekend
or weekday evenings with hubby to help him out.


So let's get caught up since I haven't spent too much time on here
this past week.

Ok so let's back up to this week in general to hubby's finds
in apartments or what was thrown away.
I got a bunch of food out of a move outs refrigerator.
Now generally as a rule of thumb for us we only
take refrigerated or freezer items that have not been open
and check expiration dates.

Next on two different days this week
hubby found 2 laptops and a set of headphones.
One lap top came in a bag with all discs and wiring, etc
and is up and running.
The other one had the operating system removed from it.
So it needs windows.


Yesterday I found a bag of clothes someone threw out.
I have decided that possibly another way to make
some extra cash around here is to collect some
of these name brand clothes we find
and try and sell them to places like Plato's Closet.
I didn't pay anything for the clothes to begin with 
so if they give me anything for them it's
a bonus and extra cash for us.


Friday me and mom went to a couple yard sales
and a thrift store.
I have been on the hunt for some type of shelf
to put my collection of matchbox cars on,
mostly Firebirds and Trans Ams.
Well I found an old wooden cassette wall holder
and bought it to put my cars on.
I also found a second one at another thrift store.
I think it works out perfect to display cars on.
Here's one of them holding almost 50 Trans Ams.
A couple of Camaros are thrown in there but
was replaced today with 5 more Trans Ams
I got from the flea market.

And here's both of them stacked on one another.
The second one is holding Camaros, Nascars
and misc cars.



Friday I think I only bought one thing from a yard sale
in Westerville.   A yuppy neighborhood is good to find
expensive things for cheap sometimes.
I bought a Playstation 3 for $5.00.
It has problems but I know people who know
how to work on them.
I think I can have this up and running
for anywhere between $40 to $70.
When these things go for $200 - $400+ new
I don't think five bucks is a bad price at all to pay
for the unit and little extra to have it fixed.
I'm not too game system savvy but I think this 
has WiFi in it, plays dvd,cd and blue ray discs,
and has free online multi player gaming.
Which would be nice rather than having to buy
a membership for a year at $60 per child
like the Xbox 360.   Plus you can use the system
if you want to get Netflix.



1:40pm


Now I'm working on a menu for the week.


1.   BBQ pulled pork over mashed potatoes.

2.  Ham & potato soup.

3.  Creamed chipped corned beef over biscuits.

4.  Mexican pizza

5.  Chicken salsa burritos.

6.  Bacon, eggs, pancakes & toast.

7.  


5:00pm


My butt is dragging!  I'm so tired!
It would be nice if the emergency pager
kept quiet the rest of the night.
I'd be happy with that.
I think hubby got 13 or 14 hours overtime since yesterday.
We just got back from a main water drain backup
in an apartment building then 
there was a hot water heater that went out.

I did a little DDn while hubby was working.
I found a Dell Pocket PC with USB and wall charger
and a can of V05 hairspray and
a pair of wing back chairs.
I put them in the garage at hubby's work
because we had the car with us and
no way to get them home then.







No comments:

Post a Comment