Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4-8-14

12:10pm


Well I was going to make pork chops
for supper til I realized I didn't have any in the freezer.
So now I am making a pork roast in the crock
with a can of sauerkraut and some potatoes.

Last night had to stop in Kroger for
basic stuff like milk, bread, butter.
I found a couple of angel food cakes
marked down to .50 cents each from $4.00!
I like to make Angel Lush out of them.
I don't have pineapple but I do have 
peaches and that sounds just as good.
You could probably use any flavored pudding
and cool whip alone without any fruit as well.
Remove cake from container, slice it into thirds.
Layer it back into the container with toppings
then put into freezer for when you need a quick dessert.


5:00pm


Check out this score that my friend shared with me!!!
All he asked was $5.00 for gas money!!!
I counted a total of 55 boxes of
"velveeta" style cheese.
At 2 pounds each that comes out to 110 pounds of FREE cheese!!!
That's enough cheese to have 1 block a month
for almost 5 years!!
55 blocks x's $5.00 each is $275 worth of cheese!!!

Time to clear up some space in my freezer!
I hope they freeze ok lol.

Then hubby walks in with a couple trash bags
of food he found in an empty apartment that was FREE.


It's been a good day!


9:00pm


I am so ready for bed.  Ever since supper I've
been pretty much laying around and have felt sooo tired.
I don't know why.  I took a nap today.



No comments:

Post a Comment