Sunday, March 30, 2014

3-30-14

8:25pm


This afternoon we did our grocery shopping at Meijer
for the next two weeks or so.
This evening we went to Kroger to get pop and bread.
I can get them both cheaper at Kroger than at Meijer.
If you shop grocery stores in the evenings
you can usually find bakery items marked down
at a fraction of their original cost!!
Don't expect to find Kroger's marked down items
near the bakery.  Look in the dairy section.
Don't ask me why they do this but
I have seen this trend in several Kroger stores.

2 packs of Italian bread .25 cents each. (was $1.00 each)
2 six packs of cheese bagels .75 cents each (was $3.49 each)

Total before mark downs $7.98
Total after mark downs $2.00
TOTAL SAVINGS $5.98

I also found other bakery items marked
down to use for snacks and breakfasts.
I'll repackage them in freezer bags and put in the
freezer until needed.
Warm in microwave, yummy!

3 dozen doughnuts .99 cents each (was $2.99 each)
Cinnamon coffee cake rolls .99 cents (was $4.99)

Total cost before mark downs $9.16
Total cost after mark downs $3.96
TOTAL SAVINGS $5.20


Kroger and Meijer have or will quit doubling coupons.
That's ok, I still know how to shop for the best deals
and where to find them to feed my family
with a limited income without coupons!

Tonight supper is Tuna & Noodles.

2 boxes double cheeseburger hamburger helper $2.00
1 box mac n cheese .40 cents
2 cans tuna fish $1.40
1 can peas FREE
Bread & butter .50 cents

TOTAL COST $4.30
for 7 servings or .61 cents a serving.


9:05pm


Time to give my one child a hair cut before his shower.
This is another way we save bunches of money each year
by doing the hair cuts myself.
My 2 boys have never seen a barber shop
or have had anyone other than me cut their
hair for 13 - 14 years!
I've been cutting hubby's hair since we first got together
almost 15 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment