Sunday, March 9, 2014

3-8-14

12:20pm


Hubby's car getting intake manifold gaskets
and spark plugs today.
Guy had to take apart top half of motor to do it.
Hope he knows how to put it all back together lol.
Right now what he is doing with parts
and labor with the gaskets, tearing apart the motor
and spark plugs is costing $205.
$120 labor, $85 for parts.
Monday I'll have hubby call Goodyear to see
how much they would have charged to do this.
I want to see how much money we will have saved.



Then we had this handyman mechanic take a 
look at our back steps to our house to get
a quote on that to fix.
The bottom step is crumbling and becoming
a hazard and at the moment we have a board
laid across it to keep people from putting
their foot through the hole.
He first started out at $300 but came down to $200
to break up and remove a set of concrete steps,
build wooden deck steps, small porch and add
4 posts with concrete and handrails.
While everything sounds good with prices for things
it's a matter of finding money to do it all.
We gotta be careful with spending too much money
for repairs.  We still need this tax money to live
off of for the year and pay off any doctor bills.
Maybe I'll start saving up money from
the free scrap metal we take in to get a free back steps :0)
About 2-3 trips to the scrap place should pay for it.
And it wouldn't be really any money out of our 
bank account to pay for it.

While our mechanic was doing that we went
to a thrift store and Dollar Tree
to get the rest of the supplies needed for the diaper cake.
Here is my total out of pocket cost for supplies
(this does not include the supplies given to me)
$1.70 large bag of rubber bands
$2.40 4 pairs ruffled girly socks
$2.00 6 misc boy or neutral gender socks & slippers
.30 cents decorative butterflies
.90 cents teddy bear
.50 cents basket
$2.00 two packs of curly bows
.40 cent hat
$1.00 scarf

TOTAL $11.20

I've since then been fiddling around with how
to make the diaper cake.


1:00pm


Everyone is off doing there own thing around here.
Hubby went out to try and put a radio in his truck.
The truck had a factory radio with cassette
and he wants one with cd and better sound.
We have 2 extra stereos that we found at his work
awhile back for free so that's a plus.

Lookie we have two gas hogs now lol.
Actually you wouldn't believe me if I told
you that the 6 cylinder stick shift 5 speed F150
is more of a gas hog than the 
350 Suburban but it is!


7:35pm


We went to the South end to pick up
the boys friend to spend the night again.
Stopped in Walmart in Upper Arlington
before coming home.
Back home and popped a pain pill.
My left side hasn't done too bad all day
til this evening.  Now the pain is in full force again.
This is three days now of taking a pain pill
before bed.  Ya know I gotta be hurting
because if ya know me well I don't like to 
take any pills if I don't have to.
I haven't taken my Crohn's pills
since getting them refilled and have been doing
fine without them so far.  (knock on wood)
Ok well time to go chill.
It's taken about 30 minutes and I can
feel the pain pill kicking in making me feel weird.
Time to go from weirdness to making my owie
feel a little better so I can sleep tonight.


8:00pm


Ahhh, there we go.  The medication finally 
found the spot that was hurting.
That's much better!!




No comments:

Post a Comment