Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3-4-14

12:20pm


I am working on tonight's supper of Cheesesteak Soup.
Of course I change recipes somewhat to foods
that are either cheaper, food that I might have on hand
or maybe it's a much quicker way of doing things.

For this recipe I put a cut up small onion,
a handful of baby carrots and a couple of
small celery stalks (the ones that are in the middle of the stalk
with the leaves that kids won't eat.  Don't want those to go to waste) into the food processor
then put it in a pot with some oil for a couple minutes.
Next I stirred in the flour and added the chicken broth.
Because if you don't add the chicken broth soon
after adding the flour the flour will start to burn.
So I don't understand that part of the recipe
and did it my way.
Instead of top round steak I will be cutting up
some chipped beef.
I don't have provolone and will be adding
in a 2 cups of Mexican blend Kroger brand shredded cheese
and topping it with either cheddar or american cheese.
And instead of rolls I'll just toast up some
regular white bread cubes.
Might make up some grilled cheese as a side to the soup.


3:00pm


So after getting the boys from the bus stop
I stopped in La Michoacana, a Mexican market.
We have a large and a small store near us
and I usually go to the small store
to beat the crowd.
Today I found 1 pound packages of strawberries
for $1.00 each.  I got 3 pounds.
They are USA grown. 
I am trying to get the kids to eat more
fruits and veggies for snacks.



7:55pm


This week I have been looking at dvd sets on Ebay
wishing to have a couple of tv favorites of mine
to add to our small DVD collection.
To get a complete series of tv shows can get a little expensive
so I just hang back and wait to see if I can find
them within reason.
Sometimes you have to splurge and
buy something for yourself you've been wanting.
My wish list-

1.  Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman
2.  Little House on the Prairie
3.  That 70's Show
4.  Friends
5.  Two and a Half Men

Me and hubby stopped in Goodwill tonight
just for something to do.
There in their showcase is the complete series of Friends!
40 discs
I paid $25 for them all!
On Amazon would cost $135


8:55pm


I think I'm gonna head to bed soon.
Last night the ribs on my left side hurt 
and I didn't sleep very well.
Well today both sides are hurting to the point
I'm considering some prescription pain medication.
Need to get some sleep.
Mom wants me to take her shopping tomorrow.
Feel like I've been beat up.




No comments:

Post a Comment