Monday, March 24, 2014

3-24-14

3:15PM


Well St. Anns just called again for the second
time in a couple of days.
It appears that you have to apply multiple times
for financial assistance for different hospital stays
even though they were a month apart from one another.  
Even though the income hadn't changed and it
will be the same income verification as the first one!
AHHHH!
Do they not know how hard it is to get income
verification through hubby's work?!
The last income verification hubby brought home
from his boss was a disaster.
He only put where he worked and for how long
and what pay he made an hour.
Helloooo, I think the hospital would want to know
how many hours per week he worked
to get an idea of how much he made.
Sooo that paper got wadded up and threw into the trash
and never got turned in for another doctor bill.
OK carrying on trying not to get a headache
with this whole ordeal.


Onto other things.
Did anyone read in the Columbus Dispatch
this past Saturday
where they might be going to totally free lunches
for everyone.  Right now they have 
free breakfasts for all students.
The reason they want to go this route is because
72% of Columbus students already
qualify for free lunches.
Another 8% qualifies for reduced lunches (that's us)
and the other 20% either don't qualify or
haven't filled out paperwork to probably qualify.
I think elementary students pay $2.25 for lunches
and middle and high school pay $2.75.
Reduced lunches are .40 cents a lunch.
I pay .80 cents a day for my children or $4.00 a week.
That's roughly $144 a year spent on lunches
at a reduced rate.  Give or take because
I didn't account for school days off.

With all the talking of food I heard on the news
that the cost of groceries will be going up.
They say to expect to pay an extra $100 each year or more now.

And onto even more other things.
Tonight hubby's taking me to check out a
like new mattress left behind by a resident.
Totally being inspected if we should bring it home!
We've been needing a newer mattress.
We've had ours about 9 years
and it was given to us from my brother who had
it for I don't know how long.
Too bad it doesn't have a head and foot board
because we need a newer one also.
We bought it new and it's 9 years old as well.
It's one of those iron ones with scrolls on it
and the foot board metal scrolls have broke
and we have just dealt with it being broken.
We have not had any luck in finding 
a head and foot board but keep looking.


9:20PM


It has been a very interesting night to say the least.
Me and hubby went over to his work and
I got to check out the mattress set.
I didn't think it would work for us because
it felt too firm.  I guess I'm afraid of getting
a "new" mattress and backaches again.
Anyways, I mention to hubby about getting
a memory foam mattress topper from another
vacant apartment.  This is the apartment
we got the free food out of this past weekend.
It was an eviction and that is how it came to be vacated.
So we get to this apartment and it's dark outside.
A few street lights shined on the backside of the 
apartment that was near a parking lot.
We entered the apartment through the patio door.
I went first and slid open the door.
Almost complete darkness inside the apartment
except for some light shining in through the windows
from outside.  I had taken a couple of steps into
the dark apartment with hubby right behind me.
I immediately smell a strong smell of something
that wasn't there the other day when I was here.
Before I could even ask hubby what the smell was
I hear this high pitched "Hellooo" coming from one corner of
the living room..  I about jumped out of my skin!!
I could somewhat make out two girls sitting there in the dark.
I said to hubby is this the right apartment,
knowing it was but was kind of stunned and didn't
know what else to say or do at that moment.
He says yes and we walk out immediately and close the door
to gather our thoughts about what just happened.
We walked back to our truck and
called the maintenance guy on emergency call
who lives on the property.  He came over.
We told him that there were people in a vacant 
apartment smoking dope.
He called the police.
I stayed put in the truck while hubby and
the other guy went around the building.
I was so scared, stressed out and really felt like
opening my truck door and puking.
They were gone too long and every bad thought
was going through my head.
I kept an eye out for the police but I guess
they had parked on the other side of the building
where I could not see them arrive and
entered the building with guns drawn.
I guess by the time the police got there
the people had left.  I think there was up to 5
maybe more.  
I now have a headache and a neck ache from the stress
of this evening and took a few ibuprofen.
I keep reliving in my mind walking into
that apartment and someone saying hello
from the darkness.  That totally freaked me out
knowing no one should even be there.
Didn't get the mattress topper.
I think I'll wait til another day to get it.
In about 20 years of being around or employed at
 apartment complexes I can say I've
never had that happen to me before.




No comments:

Post a Comment